PDA

View Full Version : What stocks will fit?

Bug
01-21-2007, 09:52 PM
I have a '93/'95 (whichever has the flat bottom bolt) Spanish mauser. I think I'd like to find another stock for it. The one I have is a sporterized (Bubba-ized) military. I'd kinda like to find one with a pistol grip. There are lots of small-ring stocks that show up on eBay, but I don't know which ones will fit. Can someone fill me in on the interchangeability of these stocks? And which ones I can use?
Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bug.

Buckshot
01-22-2007, 03:16 PM
...............Any true small ring action will fit any small ring designated stock. I say 'TRUE' small ring meaning the early Mausers, as there were a few 98 types made as small rings.

The main small rings you'll run into would be:

'89 Belgian, and Turkish (see Argentine)
'91 Argentine, and this one doesn't fit. It IS a small ring action but a different design feeding from an inline magazine box protruding below the stock. It WILL NOT fit stocks designed for these below:

'93 Spanish
'94 Brazilian
'94 - '96 Swede (same action, 94 = carbine)
'95 Chilean
'95 Spanish (carbine designated same action as '93 infantry rifle)
'96 Swede, see above

The country descriptor after the model is merely there because that's they are most commonly known by, however several other countries also bought them under contract. They all have the same action ring diameter, the same tang length and width and the same distance between action screw.

So buy any stock specified for a small ring Mauser :-)

...................Buckshot