PDA

View Full Version : Dillon Gift Certificates

fishboy747
08-19-2011, 01:11 PM
DANGER, DANGER, DANGER,

Do Not purchase these items for someone. I have recieved 2 of them for a gift and now after talking to dillon MUST purchase from them via mail. You cannot
use an authorized dealer or their web site or phone order. I live in anchorage
Alaska and when we mail something it takes at least 7 days to get somewhere
an inconvience yes but I have learned to deal with it. Dillon does not put anything on the web or when you call and purchase a gift certificate about how it must be used what a PIA. I have finally decided to go blue and they throw out a road block.

Alvarez Kelly
08-19-2011, 04:21 PM
The joy of using the Dillon press will soon overshadow the hassle. I'm sure the mailing requirement is to prevent 'less than honest' folks from taking advantage...

Enjoy your new press!

wcp4570
08-19-2011, 05:11 PM
You will not regret going blue. I moved my son's fully loaded 650 to my house after I retired and I must say it is a joy to reload again. I will soon be selling my RCBS with Piggyback to fund more caliber conversions. With the decked out 650 all I have to do is sit a boolit on the primed and charged station and pull the handle. So every time you pull the handle you get loaded round. How cool is that?

wcp

noylj
08-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Nor, would you regret going red or green.
I have three Dillon presses (the only ones that interest me), and there is NO blue paint on them.
I hate gift certificates. They are easily lost, some have expiration dates, and the whole idea is to get your money and NOT have to actually sell you anything. It is like rebates where the hassle is on you and you have to send in all the ORIGINAL receipts and IUPC codes and if it get "lost", you're out of luck.

fishboy747
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Yes I should have been more accurate with this post. 1. dillon does not give any information on how the certificates are to be used and where. 2. I did not see anywhere on their site that says you must mail them to use. Now that I have used them I'll tell you how I did it I called customer service and asked to speak to the supervisor and then to the director of sales and explained what I thought they should include in the info before purchasing a certificate. He said that he could help me out and I gave him all the info off the certificates serial # and such
and went ahead and purchased my blue 550B. They will help but you must find the right person to do it. I still would not reccommend these certificates until they
make it so you can use them with their dealers.

Mike Kerr
08-24-2011, 06:14 PM
I am sure the joy of owning and using a new 550 will soon fill your cup to the rim.
Relax and enjoy.

regards,

:smile::smile::smile: