PDA

View Full Version : Mold Consistency ?

Patrick L
01-21-2007, 06:11 PM
I currently use the SAECO 301 196 gr bullet for all my .30-06 loads, plus some 7.7 jap. I absolutely LOVE this mold. Because I go thru a lot of bullets, I have a 4 banger of it.

I like it so much, and shoot so many, I am thinking of getting another one just like it so I can run two at once. Since mine is about 5 or 6 years old, how consistent will a new one likely be in terms of throwing the same weight bullets etc.? I do weight segregate my bullets for my match loads, so I wouldn't want there to be a few grains difference between the two molds' production. I'm just thinking that I know manufacturers bullets will change slightly over the years. Also, they must change their tooling every so often, and while a given mold's cavities will be virtually identical, what about two molds produced several years apart ?

Any input ?

mooman76
01-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Buy 2 at the same time and sell your old one if you want.

fatnhappy
01-22-2007, 12:22 AM
Buy 2 at the same time and sell your old one if you want.

to me.

kodiak1
01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Pat I think that they would be very close especially if it is still offered in Saeco's Catalogue. If it was discontinued then you MIGHT be more apt to get one that is quite a bit different.
Ken.