PDA

View Full Version : Rossi Wizzard- trash or treasure?

Shooter6br
08-18-2011, 06:29 PM
Heard mostly bad things about the Rossi Wizzard. Anyone care to comment/ Thanks for the info:Fire:

leadman
08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
A couple of years ago I tried to help an older man and woman at the range that had bought a Rossi with a couple barrels. One was a 243 Win. that I would not have trusted it beyond 50 yards for hunting. This was before the Wizard IIRC. This was my only experience with them.

Some say they are good, so Rossi must make some that do what people expect of them.

O.S.O.K.
08-19-2011, 11:38 AM
I haven't put hands on one of these yet. But I do have several NEF Handi Rifles - and they are good shooters - range from OK to very good accuracy. And they are made in the USA and priced competitively.

My only gripe against the Handi rifles is that they started puting plastic day-glo sights on them and I much prefer the solid steel sights that they used to provide.

tacklebury
08-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I would like to add a Wizard to my collection at some point, but as of yet, they don't have the barrels available I'd really like. They claim a lot of calibers, but have only made a few as of yet. I have a couple H&R classic carbine and .45-70 buffalo classic and love those. The idea of a TC style gun with much less expensive barrels has me intrigued, but I'm waiting them out to see if they follow through on their promised offerings. Only bad thing I have to say from checking them out at the gun shop, is their safety seems very whimpy and every one I've picked up seems to have loose buttstocks and others have stated the same observations.