PDA

View Full Version : I must be lucky!!!!!!

Pirate69
08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
When the cast bug first bit, I purchased a 6-gang 44 cal mold. I hate to admit it, but I can not remember where it came from. I believe I bought it used and it may have been a NOE (??????). Anyway, I have just started to play with it seriously. It drops a 0.435" with WW lead. Turns out that the bullet, without sizing, will fit the chamber of my 1894 Marlin with the slightest of resistance. Almost a perfect fit. A 9.5 grain load of Unique placed 10 rounds inside a 2" circle at 50 yards last Saturday. This was with a 4X scope, won't start to pretend that it was iron sights. Absolutely no sign of leading.

The 0.435" cast will not fit my Blackhawk or Redhawk but sizing to 0.430" is the deal. Looks like I can feed three weapons from one round of casting. Helps to keep it simple.

I am tumble lubing the pistols with Lee Alox and dipping the rifle in a homemade brew taken from the lube site. Consists of pet. toilet rings, paraffin and STP. I actually enjoy seeing the slight puff of white smoke from the rifle. Seems to be working OK but I am graduating to beeswax as soon as RandyRat sends my order. :redneck:

This may turnout to be decent 50-75 yard deer round for the woods.