PDA

View Full Version : Like a kid in a candy store!

MikeS
08-15-2011, 03:01 PM
That's how I feel, the mailman was very nice to me today! I get 2 packages. The first one is from Ranch Dog, and it's the 45LC Rifle type FCD I bought just a few days ago, already here, and ready to put a crimp in my style! What could be better than that? The package below it is from Slovenia (Slovenija), Yes! My new MP 452-200RNFP (AKA the 200gr Cramer type hollow point mould without the hollow point) 4 cavity GB mould is HERE! This is the first of 4 MP moulds I'll be getting soon, which is both good, and bad. I had really hoped that the 2 separate group buys would have closed just a little bit apart from each other. Heck, now I'm trying to sell my kids to raise money for these moulds.

Seriously, I've been trying to sell my kids for the last 3 weeks, and so far nobody's been interested in buying them. And I've got 7 of them to sell, surely somebody needs a Miniature Pinscher puppy?

And I'm not sure if a work of art should be called a 'Hand Tool', but I suppose if it said 'Work of Art' on the customs forms I would have to pay money to get it into the country. And the worst part is that I'm up way past my bedtime, so there's no way I'm going to fire up the casting pot to start casting with the new mould, even tho that's exactly what I want to do. That's the best way to get yourself hurt, do something inherently dangerous when falling asleep (I stayed up late as I had a feeling I was going to get goodies in the mail today!). So now it's off to bed so I can wake up in 5 - 6 hours and start breaking in my new mould!

zuke
08-16-2011, 09:08 AM
Happy casting!

Moonie
08-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I love my 2 cav version of that 45 mold, amazing work Miha does.

jmsj
08-16-2011, 02:31 PM
MikeS,
I know what you are talking about.
I received a MP 359-640 HP mold yesterday in the mail. It was waiting for me when I came in for lunch. I couldn't wait for the work day to finish so I could fire up the casting pot. Once I got the heat right (this mold needs to run a lot hotter than anything I've used before), I was off and away.
I can't believe how beautiful this mold looks and casts. I casted up about 10 pounds and only found two culls I hope these shoot as good as they look.
My wife came into the shop and asked me how it was going and I told her that there was a problem with this mold. She asked what it was and I told her " the problem is that this mold casts so good I can't seem to put it down." She then reminded me that we had a prior engagement that evening. I started thinking that afterwards that I could sneak back and try to get some solids done. That would have been after 10:00 PM. Like you I thought better not to start casting that late at night
Good luck with your new mold, jmsj

MikeS
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Well, I cast 100 of them this morning. I see lots of folks say that the moulds need lots of heat, I take it that's only for the HP's? My mould is a solid, and I was casting at 700 deg with no problems. It really makes some nice looking boolits. Now I need to go shoot my 1911 to get some empty cases to load them into!

Southern Son
08-17-2011, 12:56 AM
Now I need to go shoot my 1911 to get some empty cases to load them into!

This casting game is tough, ain't it?:-P

9.3X62AL
08-17-2011, 02:04 AM
This casting game is tough, ain't it?:-P

Oh, very.

Moonie
08-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, I cast 100 of them this morning. I see lots of folks say that the moulds need lots of heat, I take it that's only for the HP's? My mould is a solid, and I was casting at 700 deg with no problems. It really makes some nice looking boolits. Now I need to go shoot my 1911 to get some empty cases to load them into!

That is correct, the higher heat is needed to get the boolits to come off the pins easily.