PDA

View Full Version : Law Enforcement can be fun!

Bodydoc447
01-20-2007, 04:50 PM
In most of the United States, there is a policy of checking on any
stalled vehicle on the highway when the temperatures drop down to
single digits or below.

About 3 AM, one very cold morning, Trooper Allan Nixon #658
responded to a call there was a car off the shoulder of the road
outside Shattuck He located the car, stuck in deep snow, and with
the engine still running.

Pulling in behind the car with his emergency lights on, the Trooper
walked to the driver's door to find an older man passed out behind
the wheel with a nearly empty vodka bottle on the seat beside him.

The driver came awake when the Trooper tapped on the window.

Seeing the rotating lights in his rearview mirror, and the State
Trooper standing next to his car, the man panicked. He jerked the
gearshift into 'drive' and hit the gas. The car's speedometer was
showing 20-30-40 and then 50 mph, but it was still stuck in the
snow .. wheels spinning.

Trooper Nixon, having a sense of humor, began running in place next
to the speeding, but still stationary car.

The driver was totally freaked, thinking the Trooper was actually
keeping up with him. This goes on for about 30 seconds, then the
Trooper yelled at the man to ..

'Pull over!'

The man obeyed, turned his wheel and stopped the engine. Needless to
say, the man from Dumas, Texas was arrested, and is probably still
shaking his head over the State Trooper in Oklahoma who could run
50 miles per hour.

Sometimes law enforcement can be fun!

SharpsShooter
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Roflmao!!!!

Ss

ron brooks
01-20-2007, 07:54 PM
I live about 35 miles north of Dumas. It's where you go if you live here to go to Walmart. The next closest is in Amarillo another 60ish miles south. Anyway, that sounds like someone from Dumas. :-)

Ron

Nueces
01-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Dumas. I remember Dumas. Coming in eastbound on 87, at night. The locals like to hang a towel on the right turn sign to stay on 87 to Amarillo. You miss the turn, you shoot off into black space.

Since then, I pronounce 'Dumas' another way...

Mark

Bigjohn
01-21-2007, 06:33 PM
ROTFLAMO!

Real life can be very interesting; We ocassionly have prisoners come up and ask to sign the "SORRY" Book.
They have been lead along by their mates who tell them that if they want to go home (Get out of Jail), they just need to ask to sign the "Sorry" book admitting their sorrow for the crimes they have committed.

We normally tell them that we just finished the last page and are waiting on a new book to be printed. [smilie=1:

That's blown it, now you will all know what I do for a 'crust'.

John.

ron brooks
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Don't feel alone in that, I live in Stratford and we pronounce it a different way also. :-)

Ron

Dumas. I remember Dumas. Coming in eastbound on 87, at night. The locals like to hang a towel on the right turn sign to stay on 87 to Amarillo. You miss the turn, you shoot off into black space.

Since then, I pronounce 'Dumas' another way...

Mark

Bret4207
01-22-2007, 09:07 AM
I pulled up on a car on the side of the road one night. My partner and I got out to check it. Mind you the roof lights were flashing and the spotlights on the vehicle in question. We went up and there in the car was a couple very, very actively engaged in an attempt at procreation. I gently knocked on the window to gain their attention and ensure that the young lass was there by choice, although her position in the event made it appear she was quite willing. No response. I looked at my partner and gave him the "Whaddayathink?" look. He knocked on the other side. Still nothing. I knocked with authority on the roof. Nada.

At that point I figured any couple that into it, and judging by the noise being made they were definitely into it, had to be there by choice. No alcoholic beverage containers were seen and they were in a safe sand secluded spot. They appeared to be in their mid 20's and the the young man had made rather a handsome choice in companions. Not having a camera on hand and not being of the vouyeristic bent anyway I decided we'd let well enough alone. My partner was for staying and watching the end of the movie so to speak, but I prevailed on his common sense and decency by calling him a frickin' prevert and we left.

I wish I had their energy.

felix
01-22-2007, 10:49 AM
What would be wrong in advertising that make-out spot for the purpose, and providing police protection? We called that Art Hill in Forest Park in St. Louis during the 50's. Cops were parked every 100 yards or so around the bends in the park. Very safe to pull up in between them. ... felix

wills
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
patrolling officer

A cop was patrolling late at night in a well-known lovers spot. He sees a couple in a car, with the interior light brightly glowing. He carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. There he sees a young man sitting behind the wheel reading a computer magazine and a lovely young woman in the rear seat, knitting. Puzzled by this surprising situation, the cop walks to the car and gently raps on the driver's window. The young man lowers his window. "Uh, yes, officer?"

The cop says: "What are you doing?"

The young man says: "Well, Officer, I'm reading a magazine."

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the cop says, "And her, what is she doing?"

The young man shrugs: "Sir, I believe she's knitting a pullover sweater."

Now, the cop is totally confused. A young couple. Alone, in a car, at night in a lovers' lane....and nothing romantic is happening! The cop asks: "What's your age, young man?"

The young man says :"I'm 22, sir."

The cop asks: "And the young lady, what's her age?"

The young man looks at his watch and replies: "She'll be 18 in 11 minutes."