PDA

View Full Version : My Moulds are talking to me

Mauser Rat
08-14-2011, 08:09 AM
:shock:

You know the feeling right? You're sitting there in the "Casting Zone" and you hear the voice whispering in your ear, "How about you feed your sprues back into the pot to lower the temperature a little?"

Or you feel that foot kicking you in the a$$ and saying, "More Bullplate kiddo!"

And now I am starting to hear the voices when I am NOT in the shop! I have conversations with them in the auto parts store and in Sportsmans Warehouse and I get the strangest looks when I start yelling at them that "I am already in 3 Group Buys!! What do you want from me? Between Al and Miha and Tom I can't afford to go to the grocery store!" and the voices are like.....looking me up and down and considering the expanding parts of getting older and actually has the audacity to say, "Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad Idea?"

So.....am I crazy? Does this happen to anybody else? They made me buy a rifle this weekend that I wasn't even aware that I wanted!!

The moulds are talking again. The moulds are talking again!

My name is Kevin :castmine: and I don't think I am crazy!

GP100man
08-14-2011, 08:45 AM
& here it is I thought it was just ME !!!!!

Mine are addicted to bull plate lube ,I keep it locked up for shore !!!

They made me buy a 20# pot a while back (which was OK)

& they do fuss a bit `bout pot temp , I have these 2 molds 1 an Lee 2 holer & a 2holer Lyman 357446 that went at it the other day & had to seperate em & confine em in different drawers to store em !!!

Unbelieveable to say the least , I`m still trying to decide who won !!!!

Lonerider
08-14-2011, 08:53 AM
:veryconfu

Freightman
08-14-2011, 09:32 AM
Is there a doctor in the house!

trk
08-14-2011, 09:36 AM
My name is Tim, and I too have an addiction.

Mine is with mortars and cannons. EVERYTHING that is round is considered as either a potential projectile or as material for a tube to be machined into a cannon or mortar.

edler7
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Just your molds talk ?

My bottom pour talks along with my smelting pot. They all say the same thing...

FEED ME !!!

It's like "Little Shop of Horrors".

adrians
08-14-2011, 10:56 AM
it was the voices officer, they made me do it ,, honest!. Would i lie to you ? come on gimme a break. [smilie=1:

mold maker
08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
What a revelation. I was ashamed of it, till I found, I wasn't alone.
Thank you for bringing me out into the open.
Yes, I too have the affliction, and it's not just molds. I suddenly hear the sirins song from rifles, and hand guns. Presses and dies ask "When are you going to take me home"???
I've got 9 bottles of Nu Finish, and it still calls out to me. Even Wheel Weights speak to me as I walk through a parking lot.
Thank Goodness, I'm not alone.

tuckerdog
08-14-2011, 11:37 AM
its good to be understood

Wayne Smith
08-14-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm a psychologist! Will work for wheel weights! There is no hope.

PacMan
08-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Too many lead fumes guys.

Moonie
08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
I've had to start keeping my one steel mold in the house (an Ideal) as it was getting attitude towards the Lee molds, and even had words with my Miha mold... The older gents can be quite upitty.

9.3X62AL
08-15-2011, 11:50 AM
OK--this does happen. We can discuss it among friends & castaholics. When my moulds and furnace start getting conversant, it's a dead giveaway that range time is REQUIRED. Toward that end, I adjourn presently to run my newly-scoped Husq Mauser 98 30-06 and my beloved CZ-550 in 9.3mm.

Mauser Rat
08-16-2011, 03:59 AM
:oops: First it was the voices.....now its the lying.....

Sorry everyone. That was a lie about me not knowing that I wanted that rifle. I just bought one of NOE's 432 200 RF (44-40) molds and the new mold told me I should go and look at a lever gun that it had been considering....

and as much as I like Swede, that stupid 432 200 44-40 mold had been spitting out the purtiest, shiniest darn boolits......What else could I do but go buy the rifle to get the mold to shut up

and then I came to the other day and I was slathering Bullplate on some bread so I could make a grilled alox and beeswax sandwich.......................

I'm gonna give this maybe......a year or two more before I try to get some professional help. We have this new gunsmith in town that everyone swears by.

Caster's Anonymous Society (CAS) of America

:castmine:

madsenshooter
08-16-2011, 06:28 AM
It's mostly those darned Krags with me, but sometimes the Japs, and lately the Swiss. Though I'll admit Eagan molds talk a lot too.

Bret4207
08-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Jeeze! You guys ain't seen nuthin' yet. Not only do my moulds talk to me, so do my chainsaws, tractors, horses, tools. "If only you'd buy one of those your life would be soooooooo much better!"

It's a disease alright. If you think buying moulds or guns is bad and will put you in the poor house, try it with tractors or saddles.

Mauser Rat
08-16-2011, 07:04 AM
(looking out the window at the Backhoe, Dump and Excavator and just shaking my head)

Ain't it the truth.....and I ain't said nutthin about hydraulics.............

part_timer
08-16-2011, 08:10 AM
My older molds are jealous of the new mold that showed up on the shelf last week. I tried to explain that I love them all the same but there is so much attitude.

linotype
08-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Too many lead fumes guys.

And in my case, too many lead paint chips, also. ;-)

Sigh.... so many targets, so little time, when one loaded round is too many and 10,000 aren't enough!

recycledelectrons
08-16-2011, 03:16 PM
message deteled