PDA

View Full Version : Chipmunk pistol review.

buck1
08-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Howdee all.
A wile back I stumbled acress a Keystone Arms Chipmunk pistol on GB. I looked around and finaly bought one online through my local FFL.
The price was 180.00 NIB shipped for a walnut stocked SS barreled gun. I didnt expect much and figured I would pass it along to one of the kids if it didnt thrill me.
It came in a well padded card board box with a metalic rear sight and plastic front sight of the floresent 3 dot type. Fit and finish was pretty good. The trigger guard is plastic,the trigger is alum or something close but the sear and cocking pices are steel. The trigger was not bad with a very slight creep and 6ish # pull. A little stoneing and polishing took it to "pretty darn good". The grip would be great for small to med sized hands. I were size Med mechanics gloves that fit me snug, and if the grip was any smaller it would need some sanding to fit.
The rifleing looked good but I ran a bit of JB bore paste through it for good measure. Then I got a Chipmunk scope mt for it (Crickett rifle mts will not work) and a 4X simmons EER scope mounted with two 3/8 med 1" scope rings.
I ran it to the range today, I was short on time and it was a bit too windy but I thought I would get it sighted in close for now. I was shooting bulk Remington Golden bullets at 25 yards.I was shooting in between the wind gusts and was able to hold very well. a few shots latter and I had it dead zero at 25 yds.
I went ahead and fed it a few groups and and was shocked to see all the groups ran very close to 3/8 -OD- to just under eyeballed. [smilie=p: and with cheep ammo no less.
I am amazed how well it shoots and I am going to make a steel trigger guard for it and it should be good to go.......Buck

Lloyd Smale
08-14-2011, 07:36 AM
ive got an older chipmunk deluxe rifle. Its got burl walnut and checkering and shoots as good as it looks. Sure puts those laminated pink abortions to shame.

Intel6
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
Both of my sons each got a new Chipmunk rifle on their 1st birthday. I knew it would take a while for them to use it but I knew when they outgrew them they wouls have them to pass on to their kids when they have them.

Neal in AZ

bobthenailer
08-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I bought a chimmunk rifle for my twin daughters when they were about 10, now there 35 years old. it will soon be passed along to my grandson who is now 6 years old ! Priceless

jameslovesjammie
08-19-2011, 01:28 AM
I never knew they made a pistol until you posted this. Looking into them, they are pretty cool looking. For the price, I am half tempted to get one for myself. Accuracy seems pretty darn good for the price.

buck1
08-19-2011, 11:54 PM
I am very pleased with it. Its not a kiddy gun but it would be great for a shooter of any age. A great shooting gun for under $200.00 NIB .