PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the range

Thumbcocker
08-13-2011, 07:05 PM
I spend quite a bit of my shooting time on the rifle range with my various SA's so that I can shoot past 25 yards. Today I was on the rifle range and struck a bargain with Mrs. Thumbcocker. She would spot for my when I shot at a 1.5 liter detergent bottle on the 100 yard berm and then she and the offspring could set out for the shoe store.

There were two 20 somethings at the other end of the line with scoped bolt actions and shooting mats. They were shooting at 500 yards. I was shooting a 4 5/8" SBH with 429421 group buys over 6.5 of red dot. With Mrs. Thumbcockers spotting I was soon hitting and bouncing the jug around the berm from a seated backrest position. The boys at the end of the line said they were amazed that a handgun could hit like that.

Both of the young shooters were polite about target setting and handled their rifles in a safe manner. I got a chance to talk to one of them as they were putting up their targets and etc. He was polite and seemed interested. I told him it was gratifying to see someon his age taking an interest in shooting. He told me that since he had been shooting in the high power matches the number of shooters had doubled with many of the new arrivals in his age range.

So to sum up I was pleased with my shooting and it was very nice to see two younger shooters who knew what they were doing and conducted themselves in a courteous and respectful manner toward others on the range.

canyon-ghost
08-14-2011, 01:03 AM
It's nice to know we aren't a 'dying breed' once in a while. I like handguns that can hit something, myself.

PacMan
08-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Sounds like a good day for all.

mongo
08-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Its always a good day when you can get to the range,