PDA

View Full Version : New gun

NickSS
08-13-2011, 06:06 AM
I was visiting my favorite gun store and saw a pistol that I had never really looked at. This is unusual for me but it happens now and then. It is a Stoeger Cougar 8000 F that when I looked at it impressed me quite a bit. The dealer told me that it was the same gun that Berretta had made and sold under their own brand name and that Stoeger was owned by Berretta. The price was under $400 and the pstol ended up following me home.

It the past two days I have put 400 rounds of both factory and hand loads through it and I am impressed. The grip feels like my CZ 75 and fits my hand very comfortably even with my short fingers. It shoots as good as I can as well. One thing that impressed me most is the smoothness of the twisting barrel locking method. The gun opens like a straight blow back pistol but it is a delayed blow back desing. By the way it ate the 400 rounds which included hard ball, JHP and cast bullets without a single failure of any kind. For a brand new pistol this is very good. Mine is in 9mm but they make them in other calibers. I think this one may be a winner.

Dan Cash
08-13-2011, 07:18 AM
If magazines are avaliable for your new pistol, you got a nice outfit. I shot one in .45ACP 15 years ago and found it to be very pleasant and accurate; that coming from a die hard 1911 man.