PDA

View Full Version : Bad happened

eric_2902
08-13-2011, 12:23 AM
For lack of a better place to post it this seemed good as any.

Went to reload last night and my reload log is nowhere to be found...last place I had it was the range a month or so back. Must have left it. All my data...no backup...ugggg...sucks. [smilie=b:

Anyway, i'm thinking of building a spreadsheet and will keep multiple backups. Anyone have on in excel that is already started?

I guess while I opened the can of works let me ask what you keep in your logbook...mine had all my load data with notes on what worked and did not per gun. Also had range notes associated with each load with chrno info, etc...

Curious to see what you guys have and hopefully someone has a spreadsheet already made they would not mind sharing.

noylj
08-14-2011, 12:43 AM
The "problem" is the we can't attach Excel files.
Mine is quite simple, I have a work sheet per cartridge and I fill in the following information:
Bullet Mfg. Nominal Bullet Weight Average Bullet Weight Bullet Type Powder Powder Weight Primer COL Gun Accuracy Accuracy: w/o called flyers Date Shot Notes

canyon-ghost
08-14-2011, 12:57 AM
5 subject notebook, never needs backup or virus protection.

Artful
08-14-2011, 02:00 AM
5 subject notebook, never needs backup or virus protection.

problem is they can get lost - I had a legal pad I used for years - lost in a move.

I'm looking for a solution as well - someone suggested write it on a Avery label and take a pic and post the pick to a server like photobucket. That way it's on the camera chip, the label and the WWW

warf73
08-14-2011, 02:36 AM
I have all my reloading data on the computer, the data is also saved on a CD, and 2 flash drives. One flash drive is in the gun safe just incase of a fire or basement flood.

CWME
08-14-2011, 08:58 AM
http://accurateshooter.net/targets/dotcirclesloaddev.pdf
http://accurateshooter.net/targets/boxesloaddev.pdf

I use these targets for testing loads. I write on them what the loads to be tested are before going down range. The targets are pulled after shooting and taken home and put in my load book. The book never leaves the bench.

I have a card that goes in the ammo box to tell me what the loads are. Cant find that link right now though. But that info is transfered to the targets anyway. I assume you would have something to designate your loads in the box.

Works for me and I have the actual targets to look at which helps if I am away from a load project for a while. All notes are made on the target.

Once I find a good load I log that on a master sheet by caliber.

mooman76
08-14-2011, 11:05 AM
I have my loadlog and all my guns/info moulds/ reload gear on excel files. I also have my own wish list for things I need or just want. I have a backup which speaking of that I need to make another backup. I kind of miss the old disk that were so simple to make backups on. I guess I need to get a memory stick.

wallenba
08-14-2011, 11:13 AM
I just made a log form in "Works". Print it out when I need one and keep it in a three ring binder with the target. At the range I just use a little pocket notebook with the data copied, and cases collated to the data by colored marker (Sharpie) on the case heads.

zuke
08-14-2011, 11:27 AM
I write it all down in an email and send it to myself.
When I receive it I store it online where I can access it from any computer.

bobthenailer
08-14-2011, 07:17 PM
maybe its just me ? but i know the powder type , charge weight and bullet type for almost every cartrage i load for, from memory but i do have it written in a specfic ledger and its also written on every case guard ammo box and bulk ammo storage box i have .

300winmag
08-14-2011, 07:35 PM
maybe its just me ? but i know the powder type , charge weight and bullet type for almost every cartrage i load for, from memory but i do have it written in a specfic ledger and its also written on every case guard ammo box and bulk ammo storage box i have .
Same here, and it is nice having the info on the boxes.
I copied my ledger to computer files then made a cd-rom in case of a computer crash.

akagalford
10-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Get yourself a free account with dropbox.com and save your files there. Gives you a free offsite backup and version history to recover from also.

Jim_Fleming
10-23-2011, 07:10 AM
I use a spread sheet that I created up on Google Docs. I can access it from my Cell or from any of my computers. It's still evolving, but one of the things I like about mine is I use it to help me keep track of my inventory. Powder and primers, etc. I have set to track powder and primer consumption.

I'll have to consider how to use it to track both jbullet and Cast Boolit consumption.

As a backup, occasionally I'll download it and keep in on a thumb drive. I almost never view it on my PC aside from viewing it online.

Sent from my Droid

pmer
10-23-2011, 09:03 AM
I use a Franklin day planner (squarish ringed binder). It has alot sections for for all of my different calibers. A section on deer hunts too. I think I would rather have the info on paper, dont have to run the PC while reloading.

TXGunNut
10-23-2011, 11:43 PM
I use a 3-ring binder with a section for each cartridge. First pages are load data and each load is assigned a number, variations a letter. 45-70 load I liked today, for example, is 21B. After the load data section I have a log of rounds loaded and notes about the results. Didn't start keeping my notebook until about 1994, no way I could keep them all straight today.
Notebook never leaves home, I write notes on my targets and bring them home and transfer them to my notebook.
It's old school, I know there's a better format in today's information age but until I find it I'll just do my best to take good notes and keep better records.

Cherokee
10-26-2011, 03:03 PM
I use Microsoft WORD for my records. Each load has its own document, containing details of load data, chron results, range sessions, comments, etc. Here is a sample page:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee102/DCS44256/Reloading/ReloadRecord.jpg

williamwaco
10-26-2011, 03:28 PM
The "problem" is the we can't attach Excel files.
Mine is quite simple, I have a work sheet per cartridge and I fill in the following information:
Bullet Mfg. Nominal Bullet Weight Average Bullet Weight Bullet Type Powder Powder Weight Primer COL Gun Accuracy Accuracy: w/o called flyers Date Shot Notes

noylj.

Waco's Law No 1.
If it works, use it.

Please enjoy the attached spreadsheet.
( actually it is just an example, yours will be much better but you can attach it. and upload it if you want to. )

Pigslayer
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm with you. Once I find a load for a specific cartridge that shoots well, I have it in memory. Once I'm cutting bullet holes . . . that load is "set in stone". I do, in fact, write my loads on the boxes. A simple piece of masking tape & a Sharpie is all I need.