PDA

View Full Version : Death by Phosphorous

DCP
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
I got this in a e-mail. I had never seen it

Makes interesting viewing

What you are about to watch is an actual event. The Israeli Armed Forces filmed this in real time. What you'll see is a fully armored Syrian tank being hit by an Israeli laser-guided, steel-penetrating, phosphorous-filled "hand held" rocket.

The rocket is small, very portable and is a tightly controlled weapon. Each one is accounted for when they are checked out and back in. There must be no fewer than 2 soldiers present to verify the use, one must be a senior officer with a minimum of 10 years military service. (Sorry, the name and program is kept secret.)

This tank was headed for one of Israel 's settlements. There were four more tanks one mile to the rear of this tank. They turned around before getting to this area after learning what had happened to the lead tank.

You can hear the ammunition going off after the initial strike. No Syrian tank crew member survived this event and it did not make the news. It is an everyday event for Israel 's Armed Forces and they do not permit the "embedding" of news reporters with their armed forces like the Americans do. This weapon and its tactical use is for their survival, not for "news" entertainment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA-iL2Qbqpc

redneckdan
08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
That sure doesn't fly like a laser guided missile. More like a wire guided TOW missle.

Trey45
08-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I noticed that too dan.

wiljen
08-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Its a Fake. The video was shot at the Bofors testing range in Sweden and the rocket is a Bofors BILL.

The tank in the photo is a retired Centurion and was remote controlled and loaded with munitions to make sure it was a spectacular hit for the cameras.

This started circulating due to the fact that the Israelis were using white phos artillery shells in Gaza and at least 2 officers got reprimanded for firing on a UN complex.

Watch this vid and see if it doesnt look familiar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ARjuTKdiIk

walltube
08-11-2011, 02:23 PM
wiljen, all:

The UN "complex" was a Hamas field headquarters.

The phosphorous rounds were used as spotters for IAF aircraft. Hamas packed the building with live humans and UN 'humanitarian food supplies' to maximise propaganda effects for a news hungry international press.

leftiye
08-11-2011, 05:34 PM
No need to bury them guys. (cain't find 'em)

Charlie Two Tracks
08-11-2011, 06:06 PM
What ever that was, it was nasty. Makes a guy want to go Airborne.

stubshaft
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
No need to bury them guys. (cain't find 'em)

Instant cremation.;-)

MtGun44
08-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Typical net BS. Real pix, fake story. Looks like a totally normal wire guided AT missile
and then they get the ammo cooking off. Hundreds of pounds of propellant powder and
HE warheads makes a pretty spectacular firework display.

Bill

Finster101
08-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Not mention that tank is an antique. Modern armor has come a long way from just having four inches of steel on the front slope.

lbaize3
08-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Charlie Two Tracks:
I was thinking something similar as I watched the video.... Only I was thinking I would have transferred to submarines if that rocket had been available to the VC and NVA when I was on Swift Boats.

Tom W.
08-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh come on guys. It was on the 'net.. it HAS to be true:groner:

Dannix
08-16-2011, 10:43 PM
I got this in a e-mail.
That almost always means fake. :)

Harter66
08-17-2011, 04:00 PM
China Lake built a round in the late 60s or early 70s for the Soviet tanks. It had 3 charges . The 1st was good for 36" of armour the 2nd was anti-personnel and the last was to remove any engine/transmission parts that might have been salvaged.

We use depleted uranium for anti-tank these days its heavy,hard,shatter resistant,and piroforic(sic?) Its is self igniting and non-explosive ). Those rounds produce a similar effect and are generally lodged in the off side of the turrets.FWIW modern tank armour is laminated steel/DU/steel. Im sure there's a bootleg video some where. I've seen it in the Haz-mat/safety refreshers for at least 10 yr.

EDK
08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I worked at the 27th Surgical Hospital in Chu Lai March 69 to January 70, running litters from the heli-pad to the emergency room among other things. Several times, we got Vietnamese civilian casualties that got lit up with white phosphorus grenades, aka "willy peter." I don't have a clue on the circumstances, but it was a hell of a way to die. We couldn't do a lot...try to clean out the stuff with the patient immersed in water so it would quit burning and then load them up on painkillers until they eventually died when it couldn't be removed/or had already destroyed vital organs.

I didn't see the effects of napalm, but heard it was pretty bad too. Two thing I know I don't want to be on the receiving end of are white phosphorus and a 50 caliber machine gun.

:cbpour::redneck::Fire: