PDA

View Full Version : boxes and trays for Sizing Dies and Nose Punches

W.R.Buchanan
08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
So I was looking at different plastic boxes to house some of my moulds and other misc stuff in the reloading zone. I am sick of misplacing stuff only to by another and then find the one I had in the first place. Organization is the key to avoiding double outlays. Also it is a good thing so you just don't flat lose stuff.

I came across these at the Office Depot.

They come in a variety of sizes and colors, they are about 2.50 ea.

The lids lock on and they stack perfectly.

I got two specifically for my Sizing Dies and Nose Punches and made these trays out of some scrap alunium plate I had laying around.

The same thing could be done with wood or plastic too.

I bought afew extra boxes in a couple of different sizes to house some moulds I have that don't have manufacturer boxes, like my Magma and my Mihec moulds.

They fit just perfect. Note: use of stray desicate package in the one mould box. they do work.

Here's pics.

Randy

PacMan
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Yea i have been using those little trays for bullets and they work great.Looks like you found another good use.I like that ideal.

seagiant
08-11-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi,
Nice Randy,I like organized even though you wouldn't know it sometimes looking at my shop!-Yea!

BCall
08-11-2011, 10:19 PM
I keep my sizing dies in a Berry's plastic 25 round 20 gauge shotshell box.Just gotta make sure to clean the dies off before putting tham in the spots, otherwise they are tough to get out. Nice idea with the boxes.

mooman76
08-11-2011, 10:35 PM
I bought some about a year ago because someone posted about them here. I got them to put a few used moulds in that I got without boxes. They work nice.

Bret4207
08-12-2011, 07:16 AM
I keep my sizing dies in a Berry's plastic 25 round 20 gauge shotshell box.Just gotta make sure to clean the dies off before putting tham in the spots, otherwise they are tough to get out. Nice idea with the boxes.

Me too. I bet a 16 ga box would work better, but I've yet to see one of those!

W.R.Buchanan
08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Since were on the subject ot storage boxes and trays.

I use alot of these. The round ones are the containers that Kentucky Fried Chicken Side orders come in, and the larger ones are the Glad containers that Hillshire Farms Lunch Meats come in.

We eat alot of the lunch meat so I get a steady supply of these containers.

I eat KFC on a less frequent basis but a few of these are useful for storing smaller bullets.

I store Brass and Boolits in the large lunchmeat containers and there are even larger ones that will hold 100+ rnds of rifle cases.

This stuff is FREE!,,, And it works and stacks well in your storage cabinet.

Free is good! :Fire:

Randy

largom
08-12-2011, 05:34 PM
I use one of those small 60 drawer plastic organizers. You can put dividers in the drawers and store several sizing dies except for LEE push thru dies which takes up 3/4's of a drawer itself. I label the front of the drawer as to size of die's. I have a smaller unit I use for top punches. Each drawer holds punches for ONE caliber only with a bottom plate drilled to hold individual punches.

larry