PDA

View Full Version : Silver linings

Harter66
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you ever stop and look back at the last few weeks and think"wth did do to deserve that"?

We're raising our/my granddaughters because my son in the Army is "not able to manage them",and his X w/primary is ........................not the sharpest land in the bore. In matter of fact she resembles boar breasts and my son is simply lacking the desire to suck it and finish what he started. The X-DIL had the kids taken by CPS last Dec after a 2nd neglect complaint the 1st in Aug. She takes a nap while a 1 and 3 yr old play in the yard in mid-day sun for 2 plus hr. Yesterday the judge let's her go on disturbing the peace 30 days suspended. Illicit procreation,really,come on!

Last week the washer let go yesterday morning the dryer gave up,so glad I didn't give up my hoarding.

I get to work this morning to find 2 flats on my work truck. At least that wont cost me.

I'm lucky I guess, well some days. The CPS paid the filing and court fees for us to assume permanent guardianship of the girls now 2 and 4. We merged 2 house holds and had a spare washer and dryer in storage. While picking up the dryer I stopped by to see my folks and look at a couple of bbl'd actions a guy up the street had been taking to the recycle bin because"the bbls were wasted". Not so much in fact if my BRNO looked half that good,well i'll borrow the stock and see if its any good at all,right after I mop the spider webs out of that pretty shiny bore. The tire shop worked out too w/about 10# of WW already this week.

Harter66
08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Oh, forgot about these.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_123384e413e69dc3ec.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1734)http://castboolits.gunloads.com/imagehosting/thum_123384e4140dec1db4.jpg (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1736)

firefly1957
08-09-2011, 06:36 PM
You must be doing something right! Good luck with the grand kids I have lost count of similar stories but your is rare because CPS actually did something. I know one guy who has a "special needs" son and his X lets the kid run unwatched and lets him go hungry and CPS has done nothing even when the police tried to get them to.

Harter66
08-09-2011, 07:56 PM
It took nearly a week to get them home with us. If my son had gotten in his car or gotten a flight or said I need to make some arrangements when it happened there'd have been none of the sideline dramas,that we've been through. I guess this is the proverbial straw .

You have to admit even w/all the **** the rifles are a nice finish and doubly so if the one with all its bits intact doesn't have a jacked up bore under the cobwebs .

Any way I'm the guy that just picks up the jobs and goes on.

frkelly74
08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Some one has to, God Bless You!

Harter66
08-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Thank you Frank.

firefly1957
08-10-2011, 05:05 AM
I had a Ruger 10-22 that I was given loaded with a spider web blocking the bore by a guy's X, she kept it loaded under the bed and came home one day and the kids were playing with it!
Anyway after a good clean up it shot quite well even with a bad spot in the bore. I also have a trapdoor 45-70 with a very pitted bore that shoots fine.

Harter66
08-10-2011, 10:02 AM
I got to scrub on the guns some last night. They are 7x57s. I left them to Kriol soak for the day. There was a rough place in front of the chamber and about the last 6" at the muzzle of the GI complete rifle. That's what paper patch's and Clover laps are for .

I think this weekend I will go to a couple of the desert dune shooting spots and teach the granddaughters berm mining. It'll give Honey and the steps a break.

MtGun44
08-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Thank you for taking the responsibility for these young ladies, their lives will be immensely
better for it, I'm sure. God bless you and them in the coming years.

Bill

shooterg
08-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Hmm, 2 actions, 2 girls. You should have 'em turned into nice rifles by the time they're shooting boolits with you !

Harter66
08-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Thankyou for the kind words of support. I'm sure that when the time comes we will have the girls well equipped. I expect by then ................let's my Mom will be 75 ................I'm sure there will be an heirloom or 2 available. Very likely these 2.