PDA

View Full Version : Pala range watched 1st BPCR match this past Sat.

oldracer
08-08-2011, 01:58 PM
I took a drive up to the Pala (CA) shooting range this past Saturday to meet up with James Schiffman as he was getting my stash of IMP 3031 powder. Not much need for it, at least for the time being.... Anyways he was great showing me the 1st Sat BPCR match that had just started and introducing me to a bunch of the shooters. Everyone was really nice and eager to talk about what they were doing and how they were doing it! I did find that during the match there was only one or two shooters/spotters that seemed relaxed and I can see why. There are strict time limits and coupled with the slight extra work of shooting a BPCR gun it makes for a very busy time.

I am seriously thinking about trying the next match or in October but I sure wish they had a slower pace of fire and more time to do things between shots or between rounds? I guess those are they rules to live by when competing and I figure I'll have to try some 200yd and 300yd shooting to get my dope book updated. I did note that the target lines seem to be slightly up hill or was that an illusion, does anyone know?

Thanks again James for all the info and help.

Jon K
08-08-2011, 11:47 PM
Yes, it goes uphill the farther out it goes.

Shooting time for BPCRS match, is not a problem, once you get the hang of it.

Best way to get your sight dope, is to shoot on the actual target at the range. Monday & Friday at Pala is open for recreational shooting, and all the animals are available to shoot.

Jon

e15cap
08-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Harold does like to move things along. Not all ranges are open mon and Fri. check the sched on NCSAPALA.com