PDA

View Full Version : I just witnessed a robbery!!!!

downwind
08-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Just saw a guy buy a winchester model 56. The stock didn't have a scratch on it, had all the bluing in great shape, and had the magazine.

Seller said "make me an offer"

Buyer said $75

Seller said he was looking for at least $200, but make me another offer

Buyer said $100

Seller countered with $125 and the deal was done!!!!!

Been sick to my stomach ever since!:Fire: :Fire: :Fire: :Fire:

DOWNWIND:(

warf73
08-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Sounds like a fair deal to me...... if the seller is happy why would it be a robbery?

Artful
08-08-2011, 01:18 AM
'cuz it was stolen out from under downwinds hands I'll bet.

downwind
08-08-2011, 03:54 PM
Check out the going price on this model

Anywhere from $600-$1400

Only made for three years or so depending on where you get info and just over 8000
made

pietro
08-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Just saw a guy buy a winchester model 56. The stock didn't have a scratch on it, had all the bluing in great shape, and had the magazine.

Buyer said $75

Buyer said $100

Serves ya right, for eavesdroppin' ! ! :kidding: .:mrgreen:

Four Fingers of Death
08-10-2011, 06:08 AM
It is only a bad deal when you didn't get it! lol

fatelk
08-10-2011, 08:54 PM
What if the buyer didn't know any more than the seller about what he was getting, and is at this moment busy with a hacksaw, sandpaper, spray paint and a dremel tool "fittin' and accurizin'" his new toy?:veryconfu

Twinkiethekid
09-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Man did he kiss him afterwards lol.

plmitch
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
What if the buyer didn't know any more than the seller about what he was getting, and is at this moment busy with a hacksaw, sandpaper, spray paint and a dremel tool "fittin' and accurizin'" his new toy?:veryconfu

Well that would be a shame.

missionary5155
09-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Greetings And sometimes great deals happen cause the seller decides he likes the buyer and passes on a good deal to him. I have had it happen to me & have done it for others also. Rotten attitude people definately finish last in my encounters. A smile and polite communication go a long way in life.
Mike in Peru

Four Fingers of Death
09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I once had a William (Bill) Marden custom 243 Mauser. Bill was a legendary Australian machinist/ fitter and turner gunsmith when i was a young man. He started producing the Simplex line of reloading gear. He also did general precision machining. Last time Ivisited his factory, his son who runs the show now was filling a contract truing up cupola rings for American armoured cars.

It had a fancy stock with an ornate (but beautiful) sterling silver pistol grip cap. I took it away hunting and my mate fell in love with it. He drove me mad trying to get it off me. In the end I relented as I was not in a position to restore it (it really only needed a mild cleanup) and gave it to him for what I paid for it, $250.

I pointed out that it was worth a lot more, It had the WM stamp on top of the barrel, just in front of the reciever ring, I pointed out the long re-inforce and 25" Bbl which were a feature of Bill's rifles (this allowed two to three rechamberings and barrel re-trims, for maximum rifle life), etc, etc, etc. His barrels were hand lapped and a thing of beauty.

Within a week, he had the rifle re- barrelled to 308, The stock cut up, a home made adjustable cheekpiece fitted and a stupid ladder peep sight fitted to the front reciever ring. The barrel was gone, no doubt the gunsmith knew what it was and sold it on, said he threw it out.

I was extremely angry because I intended to use it and then donate it to our equivalent of your NRA's Museum. I had heard about these, but never seen one before or since.

He obviously didn't listen to a word I said and a piece of our firearms history was destroyed. It didn't work out as a target rifle and he sold it shortly afterwards and had the hide to complain the he dropped a lot of money on the deal. Twit!

Fishman
09-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Wrong or right, I wouldn't be friends with him any more. That's a terrible story. Some people shouldn't be allowed to own a paperclip.

I once had a William (Bill) Marden custom 243 Mauser. Bill was a legendary Australian machinist/ fitter and turner gunsmith when i was a young man. He started producing the Simplex line of reloading gear. He also did general precision machining. Last time Ivisited his factory, his son who runs the show now was filling a contract truing up cupola rings for American armoured cars.

It had a fancy stock with an ornate (but beautiful) sterling silver pistol grip cap. I took it away hunting and my mate fell in love with it. He drove me mad trying to get it off me. In the end I relented as I was not in a position to restore it (it really only needed a mild cleanup) and gave it to him for what I paid for it, $250.

I pointed out that it was worth a lot more, It had the WM stamp on top of the barrel, just in front of the reciever ring, I pointed out the long re-inforce and 25" Bbl which were a feature of Bill's rifles (this allowed two to three rechamberings and barrel re-trims, for maximum rifle life), etc, etc, etc. His barrels were hand lapped and a thing of beauty.

Within a week, he had the rifle re- barrelled to 308, The stock cut up, a home made adjustable cheekpiece fitted and a stupid ladder peep sight fitted to the front reciever ring. The barrel was gone, no doubt the gunsmith knew what it was and sold it on, said he threw it out.

I was extremely angry because I intended to use it and then donate it to our equivalent of your NRA's Museum. I had heard about these, but never seen one before or since.

He obviously didn't listen to a word I said and a piece of our firearms history was destroyed. It didn't work out as a target rifle and he sold it shortly afterwards and had the hide to complain the he dropped a lot of money on the deal. Twit!

Four Fingers of Death
09-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Yair! he's 'special.'

45nut
09-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Check out the going price on this model

Anywhere from $600-$1400

Only made for three years or so depending on where you get info and just over 8000
made

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/rifles/100_0568.jpg

Have one here, first year production,,and they aren't too well known. The seller and the buyer both were un-informed about how special the guns are it seems.

jh45gun
09-10-2011, 11:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/45nut/rifles/100_0568.jpg

Have one here, first year production,,and they aren't too well known. The seller and the buyer both were un-informed about how special the guns are it seems.

Well the Seller was for sure but the Buyer maybe knew exactly what he was getting.

KohlerK91
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Sometimes if you get something too good to be true "it usually is". Why would someone sell something going for $800-$1400 for $125.00??????????????

jnovotny
09-11-2011, 12:12 PM
You could have stepped up and bid on it. I'm sure the seller would not have minded. The fella tryin to buy it may have been a little preturbed.

snowwolfe
09-14-2011, 02:56 AM
I guess you really have to like these:) I would of passed at $75.

SSGOldfart
09-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Buyer said $75

Buyer said $100

did you sale or buy??[smilie=w: