PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my tender to shoot ( lighter boolits )

blaser.306
08-07-2011, 06:28 PM
After much grief I ask the masses ! WHY ? I have a load form my super .445 supermag14 tender with a 330 gr noe cast G/C boolit burning AA 1680 powder , Accurate and hits like a tank ! however I want to try and find something a little flatter for reaching out to 200 meteres! I tried today to load a 240 gr RCBS SWC boolit over a listed load of H110 ( 31 gr.) and also tried a load with up to (30 gr.) of mp300 . The higher end loads seemed to shoot and group well, but .Only problem being, the groups were about 16-18 inches below point of aim @ 25 yards , and I am out of adjustment . I have the lowest front sight available from T/C already on the BBL ? Is my test distance just too close? I will try next go round @ 50 and see . Any thoughts or ideas are welcome . Thanks in advance . Barclay.

subsonic
08-07-2011, 09:11 PM
If you shoot farther, it will only shoot lower. The answer may be a scope or red-dot optic. Otherwise you are going to have to figure out a way to raise the rear or lower the front sight. You can try going much slower with the lighter boolit, but i doubt that will fix 16" @ 25yds.

C A Plater
08-08-2011, 12:32 AM
I suggest trying a Williams Fool Proof target sight (FP-T/C-TK & Blade). That should give you plenty of adjustment for playing with different loads.