PDA

View Full Version : silver lining

dnepr
08-06-2011, 09:00 PM
well pushing my mountain bike for 5 miles with a flat tire sucked but i found 4 wheel weights , :rolleyes:

fryboy
08-06-2011, 09:05 PM
lolz that's lookin' on the bright side !!!

garym1a2
08-06-2011, 10:13 PM
I sometimes find them when on my road bike. Its worth it to carry a spare tube and pump on a bike.

well pushing my mountain bike for 5 miles with a flat tire sucked but i found 4 wheel weights , :rolleyes:

Oreo
08-07-2011, 07:12 AM
A good bike emergency repair kit contains some of those self-adhesive inner-tube patches & a CO2 charged pump. Tire liners will prevent 99.9% of road-side flats too.

<---- Was seriously into mountain biking before I went & got old.

Were the WW decent sized at least?

dnepr
08-07-2011, 08:13 AM
the weight were good size , one about an ounce and the rest about 2 , i need to put together a kit , probably carry a spare tube and a co2 inflater ,

41mag
08-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Wasn't a mountain bike, but after fighting a flat front tire back to the barn from three miles back in the woods, I added one of those kits and a set of plugs to the box under my 4 wheeler seat. It probably wouldn't have been so had had it not been dark, cold and raining.

Still I have used that kit since and it only takes about three minutes to have something ridable again.

I would most certainly have one on a bike I rode out past a mile on. With the knees in the shape they are nowadays, walking any distances is not something I take lightly.

a.squibload
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
A good bike emergency repair kit contains some of those self-adhesive inner-tube patches & a CO2 charged pump. Tire liners will prevent 99.9% of road-side flats too...

Just having a patch kit and CO2 will prevent 95% of flat tires (if you have it
you won't need it...;-) ). I got one of those CO2 tools cheap and a bunch of cartridges
for 25¢ each from a motorcycle shop sale table.

My last 6 or 7 flats in the truck or car I didn't pull the wheel off, always carry
a plug kit and a compressor.