PDA

View Full Version : Jim and the booliteers?

DCM
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
Has anyone heard from Jim/Janet and the booliteers??

geargnasher
08-06-2011, 01:12 PM
All I can tell you is what you probably already know, he was last here on 19 July, and his avatar pic is gone. Not sure what happened.

Gear

deltaenterprizes
08-06-2011, 01:24 PM
He was a regular here, I hope he is OK.

Trey45
08-06-2011, 01:50 PM
I hear from Jim from time to time, all is well. He had his reasons for leaving, which I am not at liberty to discuss, and he may find reasons to come back. The welcome mat is out. I'll pass along the good wishes to him.

stubshaft
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I was wondering the same thing, he had some interesting posts. I wish him well wearever he is.

DCM
08-07-2011, 02:01 PM
I hear from Jim from time to time, all is well. He had his reasons for leaving, which I am not at liberty to discuss, and he may find reasons to come back. The welcome mat is out. I'll pass along the good wishes to him.

Truly a shame. Please end our best regards!

firefly1957
08-07-2011, 06:32 PM
I miss his posts as well was just wondering why he was not posting. I remember earlier in the year he stopped for a short time.

Olevern
08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Just spent the day with Jim, his booliteers and their family. Shared a great time with all participating in a great range day, unfortunately interrupted by rain. All are well.
vern

DCP
08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim. We talked for over a hour

Jim said Cast Boolits isn't fun any more.
He is tired of the fighting, backbiting and all the pissing :takinWiz: contests.

Jim will be missed. I for one hope Jim will return soon :drinks:

Charlie Two Tracks
08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Miss you Jim. You have some great posts and I always look forward to reading them.

linotype
08-07-2011, 10:31 PM
I just got off the phone with Jim. We talked for over a hour

Jim said Cast Boolits isn't fun any more.
He is tired of the fighting, backbiting and all the pissing contests.

Jim's an OK guy in my book.
Wish him, and his wife and family, well from me.

Bret4207
08-08-2011, 06:47 AM
I don't know who drove him off, but I'd prefer Jim had remained. If you read this Jim, PM me please.

Maven
08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
"Jim said Cast Boolits isn't fun any more. He is tired of the fighting, backbiting and all the pissing contests."

That's an unfortunate, but apparently common problem when we aren't communicating face to face. Then too, every so often we seem to get our knickers in a twist over things of little significance. I'm sorry Jim was driven away and I also miss his presence.

mroliver77
08-12-2011, 04:27 PM
That's an unfortunate, but apparently common problem when we aren't communicating face to face. Then too, every so often we seem to get our knickers in a twist over things of little significance. I'm sorry Jim was driven away and I also miss his presence.

That's because there is little to fear about running ones mouth on the net. I have always considered the forum akin to setting around a campfire or a buddies kitchen table.

Some of the disrespect that goes on here would get you a knot on the head around my area!

I am extra careful online with what I say as it is easy to be misunderstood without the aid of facial expressions and body language.

I too have been backing off reading here as I tire of the sophomoric, even childish bickering, arguing and backbiting.
Maybe there should be an area for those type of goings on? ;)

Jay

Charlie Two Tracks
08-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I sure don't want to see you guys that were here at the beginning leave. I guess I don't know about the arguing stuff but I know that this is a site worth protecting. If places like this go under, where do the new people go to learn? Jim is teaching a new generation, an old and needed skill. You guys are also. Don't let a Jayrod mess it up.

Down South
08-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Sometimes folks wear their feelings on their shoulders. Not much good in letting someone step on yer toes and get all mad about it and go home. I hope Jim gets over whatever upset his stomach and comes on back.

geargnasher
08-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Sometimes folks wear their feelings on their shoulders. Not much good in letting someone step on yer toes and get all mad about it and go home. I hope Jim gets over whatever upset his stomach and comes on back.

I feel the same way. We should all recognize and respect the inherent limitations of the internet forum medium, but we should also recognize that Jim doesn't owe us anything, and if someone or something ruined his experience of the site then he's free to pursue happiness elsewhere. Sucks, but that's the way it is. At least we didn't get a big, dramatic "this is going to be my last post" thread posted followed by sixteen pages of "Oh, NO! We love you man, please don't go!". To me it's a bit disrespectful in itself to try to talk someone back if they want to move on, like it's questioning their judgement or perceptions. Let the man make his own decisions, he already has, and without unecessary drama. I just wanted to make sure he was ok, and I thank all of you who have personal contact with Jim for letting us know things are fine in Floyd.

Gear

lead-1
08-15-2011, 03:28 AM
I have been helped a lot buy the members of this forum but Jim was one of the first that helped and even went as far as a PM with a phone number. Verbal comunication can be worth a million bucks toward clearing up a new obstacle.
Thanks Jim and hope you come back.

DCP
08-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Me also

Thanks Jim :drinks:

QUOTE=lead-1;1365710]I have been helped a lot buy the members of this forum but Jim was one of the first that helped and even went as far as a PM with a phone number. Verbal comunication can be worth a million bucks toward clearing up a new obstacle.
Thanks Jim and hope you come back.[/QUOTE]

Trey45
08-15-2011, 08:21 AM
I don't think Jim will mind me posting this:
http://jgcphotos.wordpress.com/
That's a link to his "blog" he's writing. Smalltown USA. Looks like home to me.

PatMarlin
08-15-2011, 10:44 AM
I think it's a good idea when someone starts attacking people or acting like an *** they need to be reported to a mod right away. Nip it in the bud. We have to protect this forum. I've seen good ones turn into a pile and the good people leave.

I notice it seems to come from new signups at times.

Bad Water Bill
08-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Thanks for posting Jim's blog

Sure miss that boy.

Tell him to come back home as we miss him.

SharpsShooter
08-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Thanks for posting Jim's blog

Sure miss that boy.

Tell him to come back home as we miss him.

Same here Bill.

SS