PDA

View Full Version : Lee 6 cravity......BIG PROBLEM

Shooter6br
08-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Now that i got your attention the problem according to my wife is they are so nice it makes you buy more! Got a 158 TL SWC .358 . Drop like butter and easy casting. Best kept secret! :drinks:

Buckshot
08-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Now that i got your attention the problem according to my wife is they are so nice it makes you buy more! Got a 158 TL SWC .358 . Drop like butter and easy casting. Best kept secret! :drinks:

............No one ever suggested to me I should tell MY wife? Are we supposed to tell our wife? However, if somehow she ever did take exception I'd just tell her I've always wanted as many moulds as she has shoes.

On second thought, THAT doesn't appear to be a really intelligent thing to say. I'd probably better figure something else out to cool any questioning remarks from her direction, should any ever be made :-)

..............Buckshot

geargnasher
08-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Yeah, that first train of logic prolly won't work so well. Just face off the manufacturer's marks on the moulds and tell her you make your own now for a couple bucks worth of leftover materials, stamp them with your mark and numbers so the story might hold water :kidding:

Gear

Boolseye
08-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Got a 158 TL SWC .358 .
best all around TL design I've encountered.

milprileb
08-07-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't have this problem. My wife hates smell of Hoppes #9. I merely wet a small patch and suspend it with clothes pin : she stays clear of my reloading area all day long. You will be amazed how much privacy a small bottle of Hoppes yields !

So any new molds or gear is never witnessed by the wife. Operational Security: Need to Know, Lose lips sink ships etc etc.

Hoppes #9: its how to say LEAVE ME ALONE without saying it and sleeping on the couch !

Stick_man
08-07-2011, 09:40 PM
........... However, if somehow she ever did take exception I'd just tell her I've always wanted as many moulds as she has shoes.

... and THAT'S how the fight got started. :popcorn:

I always heard "what she don't know, won't hurt her". Now, I am not saying it is good to keep secrets, but... It is good to have an office where small packages can be shipped to and be able to get home before SWMBO does.

Recluse
08-08-2011, 01:03 AM
best all around TL design I've encountered.

Yep, that Lee TL158SWC is my favorite boolit by a long shot. Only one other TL boolit I like, and that's the TL230RN. I've tried a few others and they've been absolutely less than impressive.

:coffee:

evan price
08-10-2011, 04:59 AM
The TL-429-240-SWC is also a great bullet in the 1100 fps and under range.

maglvr
08-11-2011, 03:51 AM
I don't have this problem. My wife hates smell of Hoppes #9. I merely wet a small patch and suspend it with clothes pin : she stays clear of my reloading area all day long. You will be amazed how much privacy a small bottle of Hoppes yields !

So any new molds or gear is never witnessed by the wife. Operational Security: Need to Know, Lose lips sink ships etc etc.

Hoppes #9: its how to say LEAVE ME ALONE without saying it and sleeping on the couch !

Wouldn't work for me, the wife walks in my shop and says "MMMMMMMMMM HOPPES!!!!!"

GP100man
08-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Mine likes G-96 ,but hates Hoppee`s .

Go figure !!

So I use Ed`s Red .

41mag
08-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I have several of the 6 bangers, but the C452-300-RF is getting the most use right now. I need to finalize my loads for this fall so I can move on to other things.

As for the wife, well I cannot say anything bad about my sweetie. She knew what she was getting into when we got married. She was a plain ol city girl and I broke her of it as fast as I could. She might not hunt, but she will stand chin deep in the bay wade fishing or shoulder deep in the surf. She will hold a leg or what ever is needed to get the meat in the sink and dealt with.

On the rifles, handguns and all sorted accessories, she never says a word. I usually take her with me to the gun shows or stores. I call her my conscious, I'm sort of the devil on one shoulder and she's on the other keeping me in line. LOL