PDA

View Full Version : USPS Money Orders

waynem34
08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Is it best to pay with money order when buying in the swap and sell section?What do sellers prefer?Maybe cash lol just kidding:mrgreen:

Blammer
08-03-2011, 05:04 PM
ususally the seller dictates the terms of payment.

I don't mind personal checks or MO's.

Ramslammer
08-03-2011, 05:12 PM
G'Day
USPS Money Orders are a bit hard for us International members to get! We also like to buy items off our fellow board members but money transfers are always difficult.
Juddy

mold maker
08-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Doesn't PayPal, go everywhere, right now, with the address of the sender, and your message?
No I don't like their anti attitude, but they sure offer a service. found nowhere else.

mooman76
08-03-2011, 05:26 PM
I will do cash if it's a small amount. I don't see since in paying a couple bucks on a $5 M.O. It's really up to the seller to post how he want's payment.

waynem34
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Gothcha<Guess Im gona have to start asking them when I see something I like,Thanks for the imput.Dont like pay pal.They had a little mishap with some of my money.Not to bad but made me think.Thanks

felix
08-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Some banks will do money xfers free of charge. Might depend on the account type on the sending end, and the bank, in general, on the other end. ... felix

smoked turkey
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
Cash always works. I have sent small amounts only, $10 to $20. So far all has been ok. I much prefer to do it that way because our rural post office is a distance away and they have a long break in the middle of the day and they don't do business on Sat or Sun. So the cash thing or a check if acceptable are my preferred methods.

Bill*
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
There's always GPal [smilie=1:
THIS WAS A JOKE, PEOPLE...Please don't.......

Lloyd Smale
08-04-2011, 06:04 AM
anymore with the price of gas i have to pass on anyones sale that insists on a money order. It just cost to much more in gas to drive to the po then its worth.

imashooter2
08-04-2011, 06:38 AM
So to review, there are people that won't buy your stuff if you insist on USPS MO, there are people that won't buy your stuff if you insist on PayPal, you are at risk if you take a check, the buyer is at risk if he sends cash, and you have to provide your account information for an electronic transfer.

Just decide what makes you happy and proceed knowing that some subset of the buying populace is going to be unhappy.

frkelly74
08-04-2011, 07:45 AM
If in sufficient quantity, lead is always acceptable tender as far as I am concerned.

I have had money orders go missing in the mail but have not lost cash that way yet, but I suppose it's just a matter of time.

mgkdrgn
08-04-2011, 09:05 AM
Doesn't PayPal, go everywhere, right now, with the address of the sender, and your message?
No I don't like their anti attitude, but they sure offer a service. found nowhere else.

Yes, they go everywhere. They will also close both the sender and receivers account and withhold the funds if they discover it is a firearms related purchase.

Personally, I accept MO's or personal checks. I wait 5 business days on the checks to insure they clear before I ship. I always tell people not to bother with a MO unless they are in a hurry.

But ... there is always the guy that will FedEx overnight me a personal check!

I've had others send cash ... and it worked just fine. Tad risky though.

mgkdrgn
08-04-2011, 09:10 AM
G'Day
USPS Money Orders are a bit hard for us International members to get! We also like to buy items off our fellow board members but money transfers are always difficult.
Juddy

The problem with the internationals isn't the Money order mate, it's getting the export license to send "gun stuff" overseas. Truckload of paperwork and money involved.

ErikO
08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Hidden cash is ok by me, but I have a Merchant-class Paypal account that I set up a few years ago with a debit card attached to it. Personal checks are ok, but my bank isn't local to me anymore (I moved, kept them as they are a GREAT bank!) so I ahve to send them off and wait for them to clear.

Since I work very close to a post office I don't mind buying PO MO's and prefer to not send a personal check.

As stated earlier, just contact the seller to see how to best get the payment to them.