PDA

View Full Version : A rare opportunity

justingrosche
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
I was at a gravel pit shooting with some of the guys from work yesterday and a couple of guys rolled in and asked if they could set up and shoot some clays. There was plenty of room ,so we obliged. One of the fellows said he had a .223 with him that he'd never shot and had some questions about. I said I'd help him with ever I could.
After they were done with the pigeons, he gets this AR out of his rig and tells me the story of it. It seems this rifle is the last rifle personally built by Jerry of JP Enterprises.
Seems Jerry has severe Parkinson's disease and wont be able to continue to run any machines. I wouldn't think that this will be and end to JP Enterprises since it is such a large company now.
The gentleman's uncle is next door neighbors and best friends with Jerry, and told his nephew this one was for sale. The guy bought it with out even knowing what he had. He had no experience with an AR at all. It was truly an honor to shoot such a fine rifle and to help him work out the functions. He had bought a box of R-P lead soft points, that didn't seem to want to feed so I gave him a few mags full of 55 FMJ I had loaded, that performed flawlessly to the rifles POA.
The whole story, I guess could be BS. This is just how it was related to me, but it was nice being able to shoot such a fine rifle.

sargenv
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I was able to fire one of these fine firearms last weekend at a match.. it was accurate and performed flawlessly.. the idiot behind it had a few issues, but it was all on me.. wherever I pointed it, and pulled the trigger, that's where it sent a bullet... in one case right into a no shoot... :D They are fine pieces of machinery..

justingrosche
08-03-2011, 02:25 PM
The gun I shot looked the part of something set up for a 3 gun event. Pretty racy looking. Red, black and chrome.Hopefully the owner will join a shooting club or go to a firearms training seminar so he can fully appreciate what he has. It would be a travesty to let this gun let this gun lay idle.