PDA

View Full Version : lee luber update

edsmith
08-02-2011, 11:38 PM
I made a luber with a few changes, I did not have any 1" stock, but had 7/8" alu. rod. I made the body out of it, the side walls are too thin for a set screw, so I took a lee lock ring and removed the o-ring, screwed it on the bottom of the sizer die, placed the luber body over the end of the sizer die, into the recess where the o-ring was, put some epoxy putty around the lock ring and the luber body. I screwed the sizer die down in the press so there were several threads exposed, lightly screwed the luber-lock ring on it. it works good. for felt, the only thing I could find was a dremel felt polishing wheel, it is 1/4" thick. I punched a hole in the center, just a tiny bit smaller than my boolit- .453 . I trimed the wheel with scissors I did not use any washers, the felt is stiff. shot some thinned alox on it, it soaked in very well.I sized a 100 boolits only had to relube the felt once, did that through the holes in the side.:drinks:

MikeS
08-07-2011, 02:09 PM
Pictures, we need pictures!

bryonbush
08-12-2011, 02:45 AM
yeah. some of us dont learn a thing without pictures!

edsmith
08-12-2011, 04:30 PM
will get some photos soon, the wife has some major medical problems, and I am spending more time at hospital than home.

jmsj
08-13-2011, 01:15 AM
Ed,
My family and I will keep you and yours in our prayers. Hope your wife gets well soon
Jmsj