PDA

View Full Version : Global Commodity Prices

clodhopper
08-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Gary Schilling, global investing guru writing in the August 8 edition of Forbes.
Says global commodity price are off their peak and may be headed a lot lower.
He goes on to say China may be a bubble about to burst, and those invested in mining could expect to see shares drop in value.
He did not mention lead specificly but did seem to think the price of copper was going down, maybe way down.
Along with the price of every thing China was useing for raw material.
To me I guess that means the bucket of copper jackets need to get to the recycle yard.
I will not be buying any lead for a buck a pound.
But sure would be glad to sell some for a buck a pound.

waksupi
08-02-2011, 12:22 AM
Considering this is August first, I suspect this forecast may be somewhat dated.

Bill*
08-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Unless they date like the gunrags do... I've got the Sept/Oct 2011 issue of Petersens "Rifleshooter" on my living room table. It came sometime last week.

clodhopper
08-02-2011, 07:18 PM
It was the latest issue, showed up in the mail box Satuerday.
It was just Gary Schilling's opinon... no warrenty.
So I'm sitting here wearing rose colored glasses, hoping for the best.

lwknight
08-04-2011, 01:26 AM
As the population of the world increases , all commodity prices will ever increase in the long run because of buyer competition. The dollar value assigned to each will vary greatly simply due to the dollar value.
Even if prices drop and the dollar drops , it will look the same to us. Sometimes we think that prices are falling and really its just the dollar gaining strength which these days appears unlikely.

clodhopper
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
L.W. Can't disagree with your thoughts, Schilling is predicting the next turn of the market while you are focusing on long term trend.
I did take a bucket of metal to the scrap yard this week, invested the money in material to modify a rifle stock.
I will not be running out of lead any time soon and still will not pay a buck a pound for it.