PDA

View Full Version : I pulled a dummy today!

firefly1957
08-01-2011, 07:53 PM
For over a year I have been growing a ghost pepper plant in the house and it is finally starting to produce peppers last fall I got five then all winter the blossoms just fell off . Well I found out it needs about 80 degrees to set fruit. So now I have 10 peppers on it and I decided to see if they were as hot as the one I got the seeds from. I cut the bottom 1/4 inch off one and ate it not bad so I took a bit more.... It took 20 minutes to get the burn out of my mouth I did not swallow it as it was very very hot . I have used one of these in three Quarts of ingredients to cook down to a quart off BBQ Sauce it was just right if you like spicy. but eating these things raw is a dummy thing to do.

Unfortunately the recipe is on the hard drive of my laptop which the mother board went bad on and I do not yet have a way to recover it.

slide
08-01-2011, 09:16 PM
I saw a guy eat and swallow one of those ghost peppers. He was a little on the drunk side,I thought he was going to have a stroke!

firefly1957
08-02-2011, 06:00 AM
I have heard it is worst than pepper spray but would rather not find out. and I remembered were I backed up recipe.

BBQ Recipe 2 September 2010 HOT!

5 cups of whole tomatoes juiced
1 ghost peeper
2 Jalapeños
1medium onion
Juice above in blender add water if needed to blend pour off as fills then heat to boil reduce to simmer adding the below ingredients

2 tbsp garlic powder
4 tbsp yellow mustard
3 tbsp salt
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp black pepper

Hard simmer until thick stir often may reduce down to a third of volume depending of water added and moisture of tomatoes.

oneokie
08-02-2011, 10:12 AM
I have heard it is worst than pepper spray but would rather not find out. and I remembered were I backed up recipe.

BBQ Recipe 2 September 2010 HOT!

5 cups of whole tomatoes juiced
1 ghost peeper
2 Jalapeños
1medium onion
Juice above in blender add water if needed to blend pour off as fills then heat to boil reduce to simmer adding the below ingredients

2 tbsp garlic powder
4 tbsp yellow mustard
3 tbsp salt
½ cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tbsp black pepper

Hard simmer until thick stir often may reduce down to a third of volume depending of water added and moisture of tomatoes.

Please explain the highlighted part. ty

redneckdan
08-02-2011, 02:25 PM
pour some out of the blender so it don't over flow

oneokie
08-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Slaps self on forehead.:-|

firefly1957
08-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Ty it is not highlight on my screen?

oneokie
08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
This is what I had highlighted.

pour off as fills

firefly1957
08-03-2011, 07:02 AM
Now I under stand Tomatoes have a lot of water and I start with them and add other Items cut just small enough to blend well when blender fills with liquid I pour half of it in cooking pot then liquefy more until done. All items need to be cut up or blender will not liquefy.

Chicken Thief
08-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Some more sauces here

http://caribbeanpot.com/an-insane-hotsauce-for-the-brave-and-daring/

http://caribbeanpot.com/the-ultimate-pepper-sauce-recipe/

http://caribbeanpot.com/an-ambrosial-pepper-sauce-recipe/

http://caribbeanpot.com/a-quick-pepper-sauce-when-you-need-a-little-zing/

Cant wait for the Habaneros to ripen ;-)

firefly1957
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Chicken Thief Thanks for the recipes one ghost pepper is supposed to replace ten habanero peppers! I am not sure but I have ate habanero peppers I can not eat ghost pepper. Another point it is best to wear gloves ghost peppers have enough heat to make hand burn even the thick palm and finger areas.

Chicken Thief
08-04-2011, 01:23 PM
And firefly how 'bout eyes, nose and peeing ;) Done all three and the last one is by far the worst!

Milsurp Junkie
08-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately the recipe is on the hard drive of my laptop which the mother board went bad on and I do not yet have a way to recover it.

You can pull the data off of the laptop harddrive. Take out the harddrive, see if it is either SATA or IDE, and go and purchase either a USB to IDE or USB to SATA adapter for 2.5" laptop drives (should run $20 to $30). That way you can send me the recipe for the BBQ sauce. :)

If you have any questions, PM me and I will walk you through it.

Milsurp Junkie
08-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Oops, I saw that you found the recipe. Well the offer still stands if you need to pull the data off of the laptop.

firefly1957
08-04-2011, 05:48 PM
I know how to get data need usb cord adapter or a new desktop as they now have same connections I have a adapter for a IDE drive and even got that hard drive running again but could not retreive data. The recipe was on a newer computer with current hard drive I am thinking of getting a new tower as my 2 GHz desk tops with XP are getting S-L-O-W. I had also saved it in GMAIL I had just forgotten.