PDA

View Full Version : RCBS still number One in Customer service

Leadforbrains
08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I got an old Uniflow powder measure that got dropped on the concrete and cracked the plastic peice. Not anyones fault but mine. I called RCBS customer service and explained what had happened. They are sending the part out at no charge at all on their dime. I am staying green forever now!!! :mrgreen: [smilie=w:

Dframe
08-01-2011, 02:55 PM
I've always had excellent service from rcbs. But then I've always had very good service from Lyman, Dillon, and hornady too.

hiram1
08-01-2011, 07:32 PM
dillon just think dillon your going to sleep lay back and go deeper now think dillon. think beer and cool air think dillon

08-01-2011, 07:41 PM
"But then I've always had very good service from Lyman...and hornady too."

I agree.

Stampede
08-02-2011, 09:15 AM
My experiences with RCBS are all so extremely good. I broke of the handle once from my old Lube-a-Matic after a bullet got stuck. I sized far over 10000 bullets (different calibers ranging from small to extremely large) with it. I was distracted and placed a .514 bullet without lube sizing it back to .512….. my fault.

I contacted RCBS (explained what I have done) and asked me to send back the broken handle/arm/joint. Two weeks later I received the whole (NEW) thing back. Free of any costs not even the overseas shipment. I’m a firm believer in the “green stuff’. :D

Peter (Stampede)

jmorris
08-02-2011, 09:45 AM
Dillon has set the bar very high for all of the rest. Now if we could just get them to build an auto.

Carolina Cast Bullets
08-02-2011, 10:25 AM
+1 on the "big green"

I recieved an RCBS Uniflow measure from my Brother in Law's estate. The metering screw was binding badly and had to be turned with a pair of pliers. The drum was also binding.

A call to RCBS had the parts on the way at NO CHARGE! And on their dime too.

Even better, the drum they sent was the wrong one. One phone call and three days later, the measure was up and running like brand new.

The best part of all this, I didnt even pay for it in the first place. The comment from RCBS,

"We stand behind our products."

nuff said.

Jerry
Carolina Cast Bullets

jcwit
08-02-2011, 07:59 PM
I've had excellant experience with RCBS, but then LEE has also replaced a press that I broke from my own fault, I told them what happened and had a new one in 3 days.

BTW it was a press probably 10 years old and they were informed of that also.

handyman25
08-03-2011, 01:47 AM
RCBS is great. Lee costs less and (in my opinon) is worth less. BUT........ I realy like the Lee push thru bullet sizers.

jcwit
08-03-2011, 09:05 AM
I own every color of common reloading equipment out there, and bash none of them. I do believe Lee gives the reloader excellent value for $$$$ spent.

Always remember lifetime warrenties are not free, replacement cost is factored into the selling price of of the product. If this was not true there would be no replacement available as the company would be gone, no matter what its product line is.

Roundnoser
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Heres my experience...I just got off the phone with RCBS. I needed some replacement parts for a Piggyback II set up, and fully expected to be charged. They graciously said "No charge". Very nice to deal with on the phone also. Very positive and upbeat customer service reps.

That kind of service is what develops customer loyalty. I use other equipment, but I can always trust (and often, buy / use) RCBS tools.

QUON
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
RCBS still number One in Customer service is no joke. i have their products from the 60's. i did need replacements on the old round nuts for the dies and the lock rings. no charge again. i did exchange about 20 old shell holders to rcbs because the newer ones have a bevel on the inside bottom for a red plastic spacer. this spacer is needed for the hand primer and the aps priming system. again no charge.

BudRow
09-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Many years ago I bought a RCBS 30 Cal. 165 Gn. DC mold from Midway. Right out of the box it did not cast round boolits - they were as much as .004" out of round. I called RCBS and the rep. said to ship the mold and three boolits from each cavity to them. I live in the east and shipping to California was over $8.00. They shipped me a replacement mold however they did not reimberse my $8.00. So I ended up over paying $8.00 for this mold and was not happy with them.

FWest
09-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Not to offend anyone but if you return a item to a store(brick and mortar) do they buy your fuel to get you there ?

milprileb
09-10-2011, 09:39 AM
RCBS, Dillon , Hornady and Lee service has been awesome. I broke many things or lost stuff and they all came through to bail me out at no cost. They stand by their products and they stand by me.

Find a car dealer who will do that !

1hole
09-10-2011, 11:01 AM
"I've always had excellent service from rcbs. But then I've always had very good service from Lyman, Dillon, and hornady too."

True.

As JC (in post #10) points out, all those 'free parts' that get celebrated are by no means free, we pay for them if we get them or not. Seems how much 'free' parts matters depends how many parts we break. I'm careful with my tools and I've saved a metric ton of money by only buying green stuff when there was no other option.

I have 6 presses in 3 brands, 50+ die sets from 10 brands, 3 scales of different brands, 3 case trimmers of 2 brands, 2 different brands of powder measures, etc. Since '65 I've (store bought) three Lyman decap pins plus one case trimmer cutter and got one 'free' shell holder retaining spring for a green press ram. It's rare, or should be rare, we need a part and most of those will be replaced by other makers too. My one free part in some 46 years would have cost a lot if I'd limited myself to that brand.

To each his own but, with all due respect to the green Kool-Aid drinkers, the free parts hype do get amusing.

BillP
09-11-2011, 10:49 AM
"I've always had excellent service from rcbs. But then I've always had very good service from Lyman, Dillon, and hornady too."

True.

As JC (in post #10) points out, all those 'free parts' that get celebrated are by no means free, we pay for them if we get them or not. Seems how much 'free' parts matters depends how many parts we break. I'm careful with my tools and I've saved a metric ton of money by only buying green stuff when there was no other option.

I have 6 presses in 3 brands, 50+ die sets from 10 brands, 3 scales of different brands, 3 case trimmers of 2 brands, 2 different brands of powder measures, etc. Since '65 I've (store bought) three Lyman decap pins plus one case trimmer cutter and got one 'free' shell holder retaining spring for a green press ram. It's rare, or should be rare, we need a part and most of those will be replaced by other makers too. My one free part in some 46 years would have cost a lot if I'd limited myself to that brand.

To each his own but, with all due respect to the green Kool-Aid drinkers, the free parts hype do get amusing.

I think you are amused for the wrong reasons. The "free" green parts are just icing on the cake of highest quality, features available and hassle free equipment. Buying only on lowest price is in a different league...but it DOES provide 2x the quantity for the same buck.:kidding: