PDA

View Full Version : Browning High Power Sights

roysha
08-01-2011, 11:12 AM
My brother has 2 HPs that he wants to put 3-dot sights on. He doesn't care if they are adjustable or fixed, just so the sight is easier to acquire than the existing factory sights. These are the models with the staked front sight.

So my question is this: What do you folks recommend either from personal experience or from friends or acquaintances experiences? There does not seem to be a lot of after market sights for the HPs, although it may be that I'm not looking in the right places.

Can the slide be dovetailed to accept the dovetail front sights? Meprolite makes a dovetail front and rear sight set but as far as I can tell, no stake on front set.

winelover
08-01-2011, 11:58 AM
I replaced the factory rear adjustable with a Millet, before the 3 dot sights came out. The Browning rear was too fragile and got bent a little. Don't ask me how. I have no idea.

The front sight fix was a florescent white insert added to the factory blade front. Not many front sights were available because of the stake-on nature of the beast. No, there isn't enough metal in the slide to put in a dovetail. So I've been told. Gold or ivory bead would work also.

For low light, nothing beats a set of Crimson Trace Laser Grips. IMO

Winelover

nicholst55
08-04-2011, 10:40 AM
I had a set of Novak 3-dot sights put on an Argentine BHP, and the front is dovetailed. No problems with it to date, and that's been 15 years ago.