PDA

View Full Version : doin some traveling

zuke
01-15-2007, 10:05 PM
My new job of towing trailer's has a fringe benefit.

I'm calgary right now and plan to cross at Sweet Grass Alberta tomorrow and go South to about Idaho or Wyoming and then head East to Indiana.

Any good shop's or surplus shop's on the way?

Direction's would be great, Yahoo map's even better!

mooman76
01-16-2007, 12:06 AM
There's 2 Cabelas off of I-80 in Nebraska. It's worth a stop!

zuke
01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Well here I am in Billing's Montana!
I have to admit there were some really nice view's on the way down. I came straight down #15 and made a left turn at Butte.
I love the 75m.p.h. speed limit! Did just shy of 600 mile's today on about 1 tank of fuel.
The mountain's were beautiful and breathtaking, I was born and raised in Nortern Ontario so I had to pull over a couple time's to admire them.
Figure I'll be back in Goshin Indiana in 2 day's to pick up another trailer.
Who know's where I'll end up tomorrow!

powderburnerr
01-17-2007, 11:51 AM
And you didnt stop in Big Timber to see the two sharps rifle factorys ... there is a good museum in Miles city if you got time and are going east if going south cody has a super museum.....Dean

Nueces
01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
The Winchester museum in Cody is amazing. Also, the Ballard Rifle works is in Cody. And there's the Custer site in Montana.

Good for you to take advantage of your travels to see what you can. I used to do the same when flying about. I'd hunt for tools, books and Jeep or gun gear all over and brought home hundreds of pounds of stuff, stowed in the cockpit. Sometimes I could trade trips for a long layover where there was a gun show or machinist exhibition.

Keep up the reports, I like to hear about 'em.

Mark

JeffinNZ
01-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Are you coming my way?

Take a left at Hawaii and head for Fiji. We are not far past that.

:-D

kywoodwrkr
01-17-2007, 06:10 PM
Zuke,
You sure you aren't piloting a train?
We had some here try and take JeffinNz's advice yesterday I think.
At least that looks like what might have happened.
Sure did stack those cars up all side by side real nice like.
Guess they were easier to burn that way!
One big mess!
Took me twice as long to get home.
We are thankful there wern't any grave injuries though.
Drive safe.
DaveP kywoodwrkr

zuke
01-18-2007, 01:35 AM
Now you tell me about the museum's!
I did stop at the Little Big Horn and Mt Rushmore. Made it to Mitchell South Dakota tonight.

I checked out a couple shop's in Billing's. I'm thinking of moving to this great country!

The boss and I had an argument today about my pay,or lack of it.

I'm headed to Souix Falls tomorrow morning then straight up #29 North, crossing at Pembina South of Winnipeg and then East on #11 to #17, South on #69 to go to Orillia.

Gonna get this settled once and for all, one way or another.

Any other site's to be seen?