PDA

View Full Version : Trail Camera Questions . . .

Three-Fifty-Seven
07-30-2011, 04:14 PM
Howdy all!

I'm looking at buying a trail camera . . .

I'm thinking of getting a IR flash type, but . . . does the infrared leds glow red in the dark? I've seen some home security type camera's that at night, you can easily see where they are . . .

I'm actually looking to use this in a home security type situation . . . do they come with a ZOOM feature?

What brands do you use?

Lloyd Smale
07-30-2011, 04:29 PM
mine arent red all the time but are red when they flash

tchepone
07-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Check the following website:

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=1

Good, independent, honest reviews.

My brother and I have tried many brands, cheap to expensive. We have had the best results with the Spypoint brand. Good Luck.

tchepone

firefly1957
08-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes they are visible while flashing on the plus side you would have to be looking its way to see it.

slim1836
08-02-2011, 11:51 PM
I do pre 1840 reenactments. We have experienced unwanted encursions at our campsite by children (at least mentally) destroying our camp sites. I would like to install cameras which do not emit any clue as to their existance in order to present the evidence to the local authorities. Is there such a camera?

Slim

firefly1957
08-04-2011, 05:51 PM
slim1836 Yes but they tend to be expensive you may conciser a steel box for the camera instead then even if they see the flash they can not get the memory card with evidence on it.

Greg in va
08-04-2011, 06:29 PM
If you are only going to use it in the day light hours, I would look at the Day6 Plotwatcher, it takes a picture every 5 to 10 seconds and uses no flash, it also does not rely on movement to trigger it. comes with software to allow you to look at the pictures like a movie. and you can export the pictures for any thing you want. I use mine for security when I'm not home.....also its camo.

Greg

slim1836
08-09-2011, 02:19 AM
Thanks Greg, I will look into it.

Slim

Possum
08-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Had one set up last year on the side of a field and got a call from my cousin that someone was trespassing. He eased down the field announcing himself and ran off a doe that had tripped the camera. He thought someone was using a red "pen light". He was about 100 yds away and saw it well at dusk