PDA

View Full Version : Lee Six Cavity Moulds

skeet1
07-29-2011, 04:01 PM
I just got a new Lee six cavity TL358-158 SWC and was very impressed with the quality and design of the mould. This is my first Lee six cavity but have numerous other Lee double and single cavity moulds. Other than the six cavity, the double and single cavities are obviously made for the entry level caster, this is not to run down these moulds as they work very well and will last a long time if a little care is used.
I had expected that the six cavity would be along the line of the other moulds but was pleasantly surprised with the quality and care of manufacture. My first attempt at using this mould was a very pleasant experience and I had a nice little batch of bullets in no time flat. This is a very fine piece of equipment and I would recommend anyone considering to upgrade to a higher capacity mould to give one a try.

Ken

jmsj
07-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Ken,
I have that same model mold and it was one of the first molds that I started casting with. Once I got it really clean and figured out that it needed a little more preheating I found that I could make a big pile of bullets pretty fast.
Although I haven't shot many of these lately, it has always been a good bullet in my .38's. I have used Recluse's tumble lube method and have found that it works very well for me.
Good luck, jmsj

skeet1
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
jmsj,
I also have the bullet mould in a two cavity and is what I have been using in 38 and 357 using Recluse's recipe also. I just wanted to get a little more production with the six cavity.

Ken

Shiloh
07-29-2011, 10:35 PM
I have it as well. I need to try adding lino as it drops less than .358 at the wdest point.
They don'r shoot well.

I have other LEE six cav molds that cast to size and give fine accuracy. The 9mm LEE TL molds are too small.

Shiloh

white eagle
07-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I have a 6 cav Ranch Dog in 45 cal that is absolutely beautiful
you are rite on a pile of boolits in no time

mongo
07-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I started casting last year and the Lee 158gr TL swc was my first mold, After a few problems like letting the spru harden too much and having to use a propane torch to free up the mold, having wrinkled boolits and having the handles fall off during my first cast, I got to where it takes no time to make a mess of boolits, Even started casting with Lee six cavity molds for .45, .44 and 40. Then got a double cavity Lee for .41, I guess I got spoiled with the 6 cavity molds as was getting frustrated with how slow it was to cast with. The Lee 6 cavity molds are the best, JMHO Tommy