PDA

View Full Version : Got my MP hbwc mold-works great-1 problem

cephas53
07-29-2011, 03:12 PM
My first MP brass mold, .432 hbwc. As advised used a brush and cleaned with dawn and hot water. Heated it up and let it cool a couple times. Only adjustment needed was to the stems on the pins. Did a search here and came up with solution. Sat on hot plate while pb melted. Applied some bullplate including a dab on the pins. Had good casts after only a couple throws and absolutely no hang ups. After a couple hundred I appreciate what some say about a brass mold being a bit heavier. Half ww/pb dropped just a tad over .432. Loaded some up, and 4grs of unique is pushing them 620 fps average in my Redhawk. 5 grs increased it to 750 fps. Really enjoy the light loads. The problem is I was so impressed with it Michec is able to send me one of the .38's he had left over. How do I convince my wife I have a girlfriend that the money is going to instead for another mold?

tommygirlMT
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
<snip>

How do I convince my wife I have a girlfriend that the money is going to instead for another mold?

Well --- you asked --- use a pair of pliers to give yourself a fake hicky on the neck --- done it myself once to teach my man a leason about being jealous

timkelley
07-29-2011, 09:25 PM
tommygirl, that's evil.;-);-)

EDK
07-30-2011, 01:13 AM
They got more blue roan horses and auburn haired women in Montana than I ever seen anywhere else. And they got to be tough when the seasons are "early spring and winter!"

cephas, you just tell her the truth, remembering that "it is easier to beg for forgiveness than for permission." I hope you live somewhere that is more comfortable than Saint Louie right now...or the dog house is air conditioned! I have both those moulds....that MIHEC is a genius.

Hey Tommy, you anywhere near the Interstate between Miles City to Billings to Big Timber. Annual pilgrimage to Forsyth and Quigley for Fathers Day next year.

:Fire::cbpour::redneck: