07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
I have two Boolits I want to use in my 45 Colt Ruger Bisley
one is a 340 gr pb and the other is a 275 gr g/c
My trouble is that both being accurate I have the obvious sighting problems
which one would you sight in with ?
and compensate for the other ?[smilie=s:

subsonic
07-29-2011, 12:34 PM
Sight in with the 275. It will shoot lower. It's much easier to hold under than hold over. When you hold "over" you block the target with the gun or have to mis-align the sights. Hold under just requires a good sight picture, low on the target.

Could always buy the Bowen rear target sight($80) and count clicks to go back and forth like I have done. The clicks on this sight are very solid and repeatable. Quick change front blade would do the same thing. File one to suit after sighting in with the other.

Char-Gar
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
what are you trying to kill that you need both bullet weights?

Whitworth
07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Personally, I would pick one or the other but would lean to the heavier of the two as a "do everything" load. I don't like switching loads for different game animals and prefer to load for the worst case scenario and then get real good with that one load. Maybe I'm just lazy......:bigsmyl2:

btroj
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I have pretty well settled on a 290 grained for my 45 Colt needs. Works well in Both my Ruger and my Marlin.
Pick one and stick with it. I would like the lighter bullet to use less lead but the GC cost outweighs that. Go with the heavier one and have fun.

white eagle
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
what are you trying to kill that you need both bullet weights?
variety

Personally, I would pick one or the other but would lean to the heavier of the two as a "do everything" load. I don't like switching loads for different game animals and prefer to load for the worst case scenario and then get real good with that one load. Maybe I'm just lazy......
yeh that is what I am leaning towards

but if I do Like subsonic says I win both directions
geese I hate this

btroj
07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Why hate it? Many of us use multiple bullet weights in a variety of guns. Guns with easily adjusted sights are nit a big deal to change loads it, fixed sights are an entirely different animal.

crabo
07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
I have 2 boolits for my 44 mag that I use. A H&G 265 grain Kieth pb and a LBT 280 grn wfn gc. With 12 grains of HS6 behind the Keith, and 21 grains behind the LBT, the two loads will hit in the same group at 50 yards. It is a 2 1/4" group, and each load will make a smaller group by itself, but it works really well for me.

You might experiment a little and come up with the same deal. My Keith is for plinking and pleasure and the LBT is for hunting. 2 loads, 2 purposes and no change in sight picture at 50 yards.