PDA

View Full Version : Want to borrow or rent AGI Gunsmith Videos

Casting Timmy
07-28-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi,
I wanted to see if anyone had a set of the AGI gunsmithing videos that I could borrow or rent from them.

Thanks
Tim

sffar
07-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Tim,
These guys rent some AGI videos . .
http://smartflix.com/store/video/171/Building-the-Ultimate-1911
Sam

JIMinPHX
07-31-2011, 05:10 AM
Are you sure that you want to do that? I have a very low opinion of AGI videos. I consider them good for little more than polluting the minds of unsuspecting victims.

I had someone give me a few of those videos a while back & ask me if I could perform the work described on one of his guns. When I watched the videos, my jaw just about hit the ground. In addition to bad cinematography, those things were filed with bad advice & wrong information. What the guys in those videos did to nice guns was criminal.

I can't advise you strongly enough to seek information elsewhere. The Jerry K. books are usually a good place to start.

Casting Timmy
07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Hopefully they aren't that bad, for the first set I believe the cost was around $5k. I won't pay that, but if I can rent them I definitely still would.

I've been lucky and have been getting a lot of used gun smithing books lately at half price books. They're really great reading and give a lot of good insider information.

Has anyone else seen the gunsmithing videos from AGI?