PDA

View Full Version : TC Custom Shop

ejcrist
07-28-2011, 04:48 PM
Anyone know if TC will re-open a custom shop anytime soon? Their website just says they are reorganizing their ordering process or something to that effect.

Gene

onesonek
07-28-2011, 07:43 PM
I would like to think it will happen, but I seriuosly doubt it will.
I believe, S&W bought out TC with their own motives mind, and could care less about the niche markets TC held. It was easier and cheaper for them to buy TC's capabilities, rather than expand new facilities, to fulfil their needs. I believe, they will continue with the TC lines, as there is still enough viable market. But I suspect, that they consider it a sideline and not a priorty.
Time will tell however!

LUCKYDAWG13
07-28-2011, 08:21 PM
wow i just gave t/c a call today and asked that same thing they dont know yet

ejcrist
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Gosh, I just recently fell in love with Contenders and it sounds like now they're down-sizing. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. I guess as long as they produce the the G2 I could always order barrels from Bullberry, etc., but it sure would be nice if you could get everything from one place. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gene

Tatume
07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
One gun-magazine writer speculated that S&W bought T/C because they wanted the Icon rifle line. As you know, S&W has tried selling rifles, but they were not made by S&W (Howa comes to mind, but I believe there have been others).

onesonek
07-30-2011, 02:39 PM
In a sense that is partially correct Tatume. My source said S&W really needed TC's capabilities for the hopes of Gov't contracts with AW rifles. And the Gov't stipulates all production must be In House. Then too, the die cast. And as you said, prior rifles were sub contracted out of house. But if the TC market don't tow sales numbers and the profit margins they can get elsewhere, we'll see,,,, time will tell.

quilbilly
07-30-2011, 02:47 PM
This is why I am replacing springs etc, buying extras and upgrading for the long haul from Bellm in Colorado. I have a sad feeling about T/C.

45r
07-30-2011, 11:21 PM
got a 23 inch 30-30 barrel for my contender and it shoots 1 inch with rcbs 180FN.would buy T/C barrel again if price was on sale and 50 dollar rebate again.they make good cast boolit shooters.my 12 inch 357 mag shoots just as good also after using dave manson 357max rifle reamer on it.it likes my mtn mold 185GC boolits,could do all my deer hunting with with those two barrels if limited to one rifle and one handgun barrel for my contender.

pistolman44
08-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Being TC custom shop is closed I went and ordered a 308 Win SS Encore barrel cut down to 20" with a 11 degree crown from Kurt Bellm of Col. He tunes up the barrel so they have the correct head space and etc. I do have a TC custom shop barrel in 6MM TCU SS 15" heavy bull. There are other custom barrel makers you can go with good results.

micky_blue
08-03-2011, 01:58 PM
EABCO.com I think bought up all the TC shops stuff. If memory serves, and it often doesn't, there is something on the site saying so.