PDA

View Full Version : The Hensley & Gibbs Reference Website has a new home

Texasflyboy
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
As of today, thanks to the generosity of Cast Boolits, the Hensley & Gibbs Bullet mould reference webpage has a new home here at Cast Boolits.

Long story short, I was evicted from my webspace and Willy offered me a home here for all of the information I have collected and put on the internet.

Please update your bookmarks for the new URL:

http://hgmould.gunloads.com/casting/hgmoldchart.htm

Link to New Page (http://hgmould.gunloads.com/casting/hgmoldchart.htm)

As of today, I transferred about 50% of the data I need to move here to Cast boolits. The main page is up, but 50% of the links on the main page won't work for at least a week or two while I transfer all of the data from my backup files. I have a lot of editing to do, and have to earn a living in my spare time. I lost everything at my old server space, but fortunately, I had done a complete site backup on December 29, 2006. So I have 99% of what I had before, I just need to transfer it here.

This is a one-time move. The Hensley & Gibbs reference webpage has been at least a 10 year project for me. I started collecting the information back in 1994 when I got on the Internet, and didn't publish my data until 2001. At this point, I am close to considering this project complete, and may, or may not add much more data than what I already have on the website. I will continue to add photos as I find them, and at some near future point, I am going to post my one and only copy of the factory ledger that Wayne Gibbs sent me via snail mail. When I do that, I think I will semi-retire from collecting data on Hensley & Gibbs, and only work on it when the opportunity or desire arises.

I hope to publish my work in conjunction with some of the other folks here, in order to preserve the company information for posterity. This work will be published in one of the relevant newsletters, or via the above website.

I may ask for your help in hitting the website via Google in order to drive up the new URL in the rankings to replace the old URL.

I am still interested in getting copies of any H&G catalog you may have to fill in some of the gaps that exist in the factory ledger that Wayne Gibbs sent me.

Tom in Texas

454PB
01-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I've visited your site many times, and thank you for your efforts. I have bookmarked the new URL.

floodgate
01-15-2007, 12:53 AM
Tom:

I'll mail off copies of the June 1935 and August 1936 "Rifleman" articles on the Ness design, if you'd like to post them, too. The new site looks good, and I'm glad to see it here "at home".

Doug

Texasflyboy
01-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Tom:

I'll mail off copies of the June 1935 and August 1936 "Rifleman" articles on the Ness design, Doug

Thanks Doug! If you have any of the other articles from your collection of AR magazines, I would appreciate copies of those also.

I am looking for the following articles:

American Rifleman Magazine:

1. January 1938 - #65-.32 S&W. 98 grains. Similar to Bond-Ness design, for customer. "1938". See American Rifleman January 1938 issue.

2. August 1940 - #68-.45 Auto. 200 grains. An article discussing the performance of Mold #68.

3. September 1941 - #85-.30 caliber. "Wire-wound". Same nose shape as #99. With gas check base. In place of grease grooves, a coil of copper wire which is similar in appearance to a tightly coiled spring. This coil is placed into the blocks prior to pouring each bullet. This makes a copper 'Jacket" in the driving band area.

4. December 1941 -#85-.30 caliber. "Wire-wound". Same nose shape as #99. With gas check base. In place of grease grooves, a coil of copper wire which is similar in appearance to a tightly coiled spring. This coil is placed into the blocks prior to pouring each bullet. This makes a copper 'Jacket" in the driving band area.

5. January 1948 - #78--.45 Auto. 215 grains. "Rowland Bullet” See Reeves, American Rifleman, January 1948 issue, page 46.

6. June 1948 - #68-.45 Auto. 200 grains. An article discussing the performance of Mold #68.

7. August 1948 issue - of American Rifleman, page 59- An article regarding the performance of the Hensley & Gibbs Mold #20, the Squib-Miller .30 Cal projectile.

8. June 1950 - Mold #54 - American Rifleman, page 56 has an article discussing the performance of Mold #54.