PDA

View Full Version : Lee Shooter Program vs. Sierra Infinity Ballistics Softwar Version 6

angelovearth
07-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Hi!

My friend Ric Carter sent me over here to get your input. (Not sure what his screen name is here)

My husband wants me to get him a ballistics program for his birthday. He said he wanted a Sierra one, so I thought I'll get him the Sierra Infinity Ballistics Softwar version 6 with the reloading manual. It's the newest Sierra one I could find. But while searching for this I came across some forums and some guys said that they really liked the Lee Shooter program. I was wondering if any of you knew anything about the two. The Lee Shooter is only about $15but it sounds like it's really good also. Can you tell me anything about these and if so, which do you prefer? Maybe it depends on the type of ammo you plan on making? Do they have all the info on all the different calibers? I've also read that the Lee Shooter program may be a little outdated, not as far as the reloading info goes, but in its none-ease of usage. (ha ha, does that make sense?) But it also sounds like it has some good charts in it. Is the Sierra Infinity program a good one? I'm assuming he uses mainly Sierra bullets and that's why he's requesting a Sierra program. Is this the newest and greatest one out there? Should I just get both for him? I know he's running Windows 7. Will the Lee program even run on that?

I sure hope someone will answer my questions and I sure hope I even posted this in the correct forum. :-P

Thanks in advance!
Yvonne

altheating
07-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Yvonne
Take a look at the Load From a Disk Ballistic Software. I have owned the Sierra Program, Years ago the Lee, Ballistic Explorer and several others. I have used the LFD since 1998. The LFD is much better than any of them. He continues to update the bullet database which includes many cast bullets. I have used it to develop many loads through the years and it is amazing how well it works. If I had to choose only one ballistics program I would go with LFD its only $65
http://www.loadammo.com

Just my 2 cents worth.

Stampede
07-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I would go all so for the Load From a Disk Software..... realy good stuff. Ask Wayne Blackwell from LFD for more details. I can recommend it big time

Peter (Stampede)

angelovearth
07-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you very much! I will check that out.