PDA

View Full Version : Sold my pistol chanp 444-X more than a year ago. Purchased another

tackstrp
07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Sold my pistol chanp 444-X more than a year ago. Purchased another missed that press like and old dog. . Have a Hornady LNL with all the do daas, but just missed that press. So another on the way. EVen If i only look at it, will make me happy.

Kevin Rohrer
07-28-2011, 12:50 AM
I have the regular '444' and plan to use it for small runs of pistol calibers, especially .44mag and .45LC. All presses should be as strong, smooth, quiet, and strong as the '444'.

tackstrp
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
had to cancel the order. discovered since my heart attack , can't pick up my 357 mag with 8 inch barrel and hold in my right hand. Even pulling the DA on my SP101 is a struggle.

Have my star sizer, lee buldge buster and hornady LNL all powered with pneumantcs because my right arm is so usuless. Not in the mood to set up another with air power. The easier press to set up with pnemuntics is the Lee . Will have to consider something on that line. Cataracts get cut on couple more months so maybe xmas present
looks like i will be limited to mouse guns and shoot from the hip or learn to shoot left hand.

W.R.Buchanan
07-31-2011, 06:35 PM
I load everything except .40S&W and .45 ACP on my Pistol Champ.

It is currently set up for loading my .308s.

I do all the case prep on my Rockchucker and as soon as they come out of the tumbler I prime, with RCBS tool, then charge, seat, and crimp on the Pistol Champ.

Great press and a good feeling tool. I couldn't live without one. It would just take to long to process ammo on a single stage press.

Randy