PDA

View Full Version : Very good afternoon

azcoyhunter
01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I just spent the afternoon with a fellow member here.

I have talked to him a few times via E-Mail, and the Phone, but today I went to his house.

He showed me his shop, his tools, answered all my 1000000ssss of questions.

His wife makes the best coffee, and is a real nice person.

Thanks again Jim.

Clint

Hunter
01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Sounds like that was a good trip you made. I have had the chance to meet a few folks from a forum and share ideas. It is always good to meet like minded folks that you can learn from.

Buckshot
01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
................azcoyhunter , so is the other members handle a secret :-)?

That's kinda how the NCBS got started. It was brought up that a lot of us lived fairly close together. Adjoining states anyway, and the deal just came together. This year will be the 8th annual.

................Buckshot

JCherry
01-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Naw, Buckshot it's me, JCherry.

Azcoyhunter and I made contact a while back. We're both denizens of the Arizona Mogollon Rim Country. Bad country up here, your can't see the forest for the trees, our low temperature last night was Zero degrees Farenheit, the elk ate the seeds the wife put out for the birds in the back yard and the Mexican wolves are moving west from the Blue river area so stay clear of us.

From Azcoyhunter's posts I could tell he was just getting started in casting. I cast my first bullet back in 1968 and figured I might could help him a bit. So he and I got together so he could actually see some of the accoutrements of the followers of the silver stream.

He does have a pot, open ladle, a mould or two and some Lee Handloaders with dippers but not a lot more.

If our schedules work out right hopefully in a week or two we'll get together again, cast some bullets and load up some rounds for his 30-30 microgroove Marlin.

Any other Arizona Mogollon Rim / White Mountain Boolit Casters out there?

Have Fun,

JCherry

Buckshot
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
................JCherry, do you ever get in contact with ole Jim (Jethrow Straight) since you retired and moved? Or maybe I'm thinking of Paul B, as he was (still is?) in the Tucson area.

..............Buckshot

JCherry
01-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Buckshot,

I met and shot with the Tucson Galenaholics there at Three Points late in 2002. As I recall I later met Jethrow again and gave him some .446 bullets for his 43 Mauser and he gave me some bees wax.

I never did pickup that linotype you brought over. I forget who held some for me but as I recall who ever it was got sick for some time and we lost contact. I think my wife had a blood clot in her lung during that time also. She recovered very well and is as mean as ever. (Not really she's great to put up with me for 30+ years. I really don't know what I'd do without her. )

My last several years at work were not fun and I'll have to admit interferred with getting back together with them. All of them are a good bunch of guys. (Deputy Al knows a bit about what was going on for me then work wise.) I wish things had gone differently but when my time was done I had to get out of there.

If you are still in contact with the guys tell them hello from me.

Have Fun,

JCherry

Jeffreytooker
01-15-2007, 10:26 PM
<<<Any other Arizona Mogollon Rim / White Mountain Boolit Casters out there?

Have Fun,

JCherry[/QUOTE]>>>

JCherry:

I haven't been in the "Rim Country" in about 20 years. I lived in Globe from 80 to 88. We use to run around Plesant Valley and Cherry Creek. I learned to Cast in Globe. I worked for "Inspiration Copper". We used to get the scrap lead from the tank linings for almost nothing.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Ck. Ca.