PDA

View Full Version : A little non-issue issue.....

Harter66
07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
My boss drew a muzzle loader tag for deer this year, getting a tag is tough enough it being a lottery draw and all,so we take what we can get.

To the point,he doesn't a ML,so I offered my "truck Hawked",but he's only been hunting and shooting for a few years and said he'd prefer an in-line. Works out my buddy since .....................well a long time, says come get my 50 . Well I get it out at the range and the rear sight is in the bottom of the sock,you know 1 of those siliconed stretchy deals. Its 1 of those zytel fiber optic 3 dots that frankly seem fragile to me anyway . So do I tell him I was broken when I got it and I just put a spare take off it that was laying around and have him pick up replacement or just let it slide maybe even try to find an identical sight. We're lifers when I tell him I was broken when we got it that'll be that and its done. I just hate being out the sight, and stuck in the middle I guess. If I'd jacked it up I'd make it right and not worry about it .................................maybe its not worth worrying about.

On a whole nether vein, my MIL just called. Seems my FIL hit 1 of those damned dark colored wild horses on his way to work at 1 this morning. There ought to be a season on them .....................invasive,non-indigenous,over populated animal too big to be eaten buy the native preditors. Grrrrrrrr!!

frankenfab
07-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Always tell the truth, whenever at at possible. Especially with your friends. If he's a good friend, it's worth telling him, and fixing it to boot.

Harter66
07-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Absolutely straight up w/him, and i'm sure that there will be no issue. He's the guy I'd call for bail and actually be disappointed if he wasn't mad because we weren't sharing a cell. The 1 you call to get your truck out of the river at midnight on a work night.I doubt he knew it was broken.

Maybe its just one of those days .................................wrong side of the bed and all that.

Ozarklongshot
07-23-2011, 08:36 PM
If it was me I'd tell him and already have the sight fixed. Just seems better to go one more step past the right thing. But you know the relationship better than anyone so in the end it's all your call

jnovotny
07-23-2011, 08:38 PM
On the other hand there is nothing wrong with takeing care of a loaned firearm either. I'd fix it and move on. Your boss will be happy ,your friend will be happy and that should make you happy.

Harter66
07-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Well I've put a Savage factory take-off on it and got it bore sighted,so i'll check sights tomorrow. Tuesday when he gets off his 5 straight I'll call. Probably give him a ration about giving me a dirty broken gun.

Harter66
07-24-2011, 11:39 AM
Well, my buddy scored some swap days for his draft days so we're going to go shoot the rifle today. He's going pick up some steaks I'll get a box of beer so alls a wash in the end. The boss wont care 1 way or the other .....

mooman76
07-24-2011, 03:27 PM
If it's like my inline, those cheap plastic sites come off easy. I was considering getting maybe a shotgun site that was similar but made of metal. I figures it would be better. I also would tell the truth and it may or may not be a big deal to him but probably not I think.

Harter66
07-24-2011, 10:47 PM
It is an older traditions, the sights are cheesy.

hiram1
09-25-2011, 07:02 PM
lie to him tell it was bushs falt .an if you get away with it run for office.

Harter66
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM
As an up date my boss doesn't judge range really well and missed both shots he had on a nice 3x4 and a heavy based 4x4,mulies all,sway backed,Mr October. The Savage sight worked fine the gun doesn't care to much for at least 2 Hornady sabots or Power Belts, it shoots Maxi balls better and PRBs better yet.