PDA

View Full Version : Norinco 1887 lever 12 ga.

lar45
01-13-2007, 03:03 AM
Anybody play with one of these?
I've heard that White Labs pressure tested them up to 43,000 psi with 12 ga round.
I think I may have to get one.

mtngunr
01-13-2007, 06:37 PM
If you aren't familiar with Coyote Cap, you'll find both the pressure test you mention listed under "latest news", and also find out much about the imports, the good points, and the bad...you can find stuff most easily by using the left margin links... http://www.coyotecap.com/index1.htm
and the "gunsmithing simplified" link will tell you a lot about them...

lar45
01-13-2007, 11:27 PM
Thanks, never heard of them before.

modoc
01-14-2007, 12:48 AM
LAR45,

I have one of the standard production from 2006. It has been a blast to shoot and has handled my reloads and factory trap loads without a problem. What was really fun was trying to win on the Bacon Buster at our last gun club Turkey shoot, there is a learning curve with it:mrgreen: . The other fun was standing at the 16yd. using BP shells and breaking 80% with the peanut gallery going OOOOOHHHH!!! with each shot [smilie=w:!

I do use the 87 as my main CAS Shotgun and have not had any real problems with it in matches, again just the learning curve for a new tool.

They are very simple to detail strip and reassemble, all mine has needed has been a little polishing at some of the interference points.

lar45
01-26-2007, 01:26 AM
My local shop can't seem to find a distributor with one, so I'll have to get one off of Gunbroker. I like the idea of getting the barrel fitted for choke tubes.

I picked up one of the chineese 12 ga double coach guns a few years ago and used it during Grouse season with good results.
I took it to a Turkey shoot at the trap club and had a terrible time once I was behind the 20yd line. I think it would do better with choke tubes also.
Maybe I should check on prices for a reamer and tap?

Scrounger
01-26-2007, 03:19 AM
My local shop can't seem to find a distributor with one, so I'll have to get one off of Gunbroker. I like the idea of getting the barrel fitted for choke tubes.

I picked up one of the chineese 12 ga double coach guns a few years ago and used it during Grouse season with good results.
I took it to a Turkey shoot at the trap club and had a terrible time once I was behind the 20yd line. I think it would do better with choke tubes also.
Maybe I should check on prices for a reamer and tap?

That's easy: http://www.interstatearms.com/contact.html

twotoescharlie
01-26-2007, 09:08 AM
at last count(2006) China had 7580 main battle tanks,2643 combat aircraft,69 submarines. as for myself I don't buy china products if I can get around it. Buy American.

TTC

KCSO
01-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Zanders, Davidsons, Shirk, and others ALL have the 87W in stock. I just got another batch in. Don't buy off the internet unless you like getting hosed. Prices are dropping as the demand lessens and soon we will have them with 26" choked barrels.

lar45
01-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I printed off one of the auctions to take into them so there wouldn't be any confusion. I thought they would rather have me spend my money there instead of just haveing it transfered through their shop. I did say that I wanted a forged receiver only as it sounds like there is some cast receiver blems around. Maybe that was part of the problem? You'd think that maybe they could have called to clarify?
I bid on one last night that had a nice dark stock. That should keep me occupied for awhile.