PDA

View Full Version : Nice improvement with BFR

PacMan
07-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Shot these groups today with th .44 BFR after i opened cylinder throats to .4315 and shooting .431 dia. bullets.
The best the gun would do with the same load was 2 - 2 1/2' and that was at 25yds shooting .430 dia bullets.
The LBT WFN are water droped and the LBT Keith are ACWW.
In better hands and a little load work i would hope they could be better. My red dot has a dog leg hanging off of the dot and makes it a little more diffuclt to center the 1" spots.

The 37yds is because it has been to hot to cut the big oak that fell over in the last storm.Will make good camp wood this fall.Hope we have one.

Dale53 give me some very usefull tips on using the reamer and i thank him for his help.

white eagle
07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
that is very nice Dwight
I can't wait to get my 44 back from the cleaners
been a long time 2 mths

44man
07-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Very nice!
Last time down to my range there was a large branch cut off by lightning right in the middle of the path. Had to get the saw and sweat poured.
Then the guys cutting the power line had a truck full of wood. They dumped it on my lawn for me. It took two days to split and stack it in my wood bin. I never got so filthy and sweated up. It was HOT.
I have another tree in the woods that lightning sheared off the whole top. That will wait for cold weather! :coffee: