PDA

View Full Version : The new guy

Dave_in_OK
07-21-2011, 01:07 PM
Just joined and thought I'd say Hi.

Have been reading though the posts; man is there a lot of great information here!

Saw Aneats Swagging press and had the materials list ready to order but ordered the Walnut Hill press instead (was listed as in stock) but I will be trying to make one later - that is one heck of a press!

I will be (trying to) make my own dies, special tools, reamers, punches etc as the boolits I'll be starting with are a 40 cal full lead poly tip and those items would take to long to get. And seeing as I'm not making the press I should have the time lol.:coffee:

BTW I'm brand new to this; have been thinking about it for years but the wait and cost of equipment always stopped me. Once I found this site I was hooked! So I'm jumping in and with the help of this site I'll be ok I think!

Dave

DukeInFlorida
07-21-2011, 01:20 PM
welcome to the OTHER way of making bullets.........

Utah Shooter
07-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Very nice. Welcome sir.

skeet1
07-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Great to see another guy from Oklahoma on the forum.

Ken

torker
07-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Welcome to your "New Addiction" great site here, Lot's of information, and you will not find a better group of guys.

BT Sniper
07-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Yep... a lot ot learn and share here. Almost all you need to know can be found here.

Swage On!

BT

Cariboo
07-21-2011, 04:41 PM
welcome

nicholst55
07-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome aboard! It's good to see a new swager join us. I'm not sure that some of the die-hard casters understand our compulsion to swage bullets, but my goal is to be as self sufficient as possible as far as being able to shoot goes. That, and I like to tinker - just wish I had the talent that some of the guys here enjoy!

There is a tremendous amount of knowledge available on this forum, and everyone shares willingly. I think you'll like it here.

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Welcome aboard.

You said you'd be starting with "40 cal full lead poly tip" ???
is that going to be a heavy bullet for a rifle ?
IF NOT,
read this thread...
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=70121
Making 40 cal. pistol bullets using 9mm Luger cases as jackets
using BT's customized CH dies or BT's custom made dies with smaller Ojive.
that is the easiest swaging there is, you can use a standard HD reloading press.
It is where I got my start, and many others here go there start.
Jon

PbHurler
07-23-2011, 11:21 AM
Great to see another guy from Oklahoma on the forum.

Ken

Yep, Welcome to the forum. Warning: Swaging is also addictive!

MIBULLETS
07-23-2011, 01:14 PM
+1 on the addictive part!! Welcome aboard!

mold maker
07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
This is a new ball game in a different league. Boy is it fun ,using free components, to make .41 and .44 JHP boolits, that equal the high priced factory stuff.
Thanks to BT and others, we can all afford swaging.

Greg in va
07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome......

Dave_in_OK
07-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Thanks all for the warm welcome!

Skeet1 & PbHurler yep one more from Oklahoma!

torker think I'm already addicted lol! Got my first package from Richard Corbin today (the lead not the press) and felt like a kid at Christmas!

BT Sniper if not for the people on this board I never would have jumped in! Now with my limited machinist skills I won't be able to make anything close to what you do for a very long time if ever!

JonB_in_Glencoe yes it will be a rifle boolit; for muzzle loading season.

mold maker this is definitely a new game for me! lol