PDA

View Full Version : Saeco #356 200 gr. FPGC

insanelupus
07-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Does anyone use the Saeco #356 in a .35 Remington in a lever action Marlin? I'm considering this mould for a future purchase. I know the RCBS 35-200 has an excellent reputation and I may pick up one of these as well in the future. I started to design a bullet for the 35 Remington, when I was done it looked so close to the #356 (and a call to Saeco confirmed several specs were similar) that I just have to try it.

I know Buckshot has had good luck with this bullet in the past, but I'm not sure what rifle he's using it in. I'm hoping it will feed well through a Marlin (1-16" twist) and be accurate as wel. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Glen
07-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes, the Saeco is a good bullet for the .35 Remington. It is very similar to the RCBS bullet, but has a fatter nose.

Marlin Junky
07-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Yes, the Saeco is a good bullet for the .35 Remington. It is very similar to the RCBS bullet, but has a fatter nose.

Depends if the mold was cut with new tooling or not. My SAECO #356 rattles in the lands of my .35 cal Rugers but still shoots OK because the CG is back far enough (i.e., the nose is shorter than on RCBS 35-200). Nice thing about RCBS and SAECO is they are willing to accommodate casters who purchased molds with dubious dimensions. Redding/SAECO retooled for #352 production and sent me a new mold because I sent them undersized samples along with their off-the-shelf copy and RCBS sent me a 35-200-FN that dropped boolits significantly larger in diameter when I sent them a Midway of-the-shelf copy of said mold. Currently my copies of SAECO #356 and RCBS 35-200-FN drop boolits with .3495" and .3520" noses respectively (in WW metal).

Your results are highly likely to vary... but don't get frustrated, you'll get used to it. :veryconfu

MJ