PDA

View Full Version : 2a1 nose cap help???

adrians
07-20-2011, 07:17 AM
morning ,
i can't get the nose cap screw in all the way ( the one that goes thro the nose cap horizontally ) it slides in all the way to the other side and i can see it touching the threads on the other side but i cant got it to "bite " the threads.
iv'e notice there is a hole in the screw i suppose to aid in centering it by using some kind of nail (whatever will fit ) into the hole,
anyway iv'e tried for hours (literally) to get this screw tighned it won't even grab the first thread.
if i take the cap off the screw goes thro and screws in no problem.
this is a nos wood set , could the wood have something to do with it?.
the nose cap slides on over new wood no problem .
i need some enfield nuts to help me ,,its driving me crazy.
nave a great day:twisted::coffee::evil:

calaloo
07-21-2011, 06:06 AM
It is obvious that if the screw will thread in without the wood present that the wood is causing the problem. The hole through the wood needs to be relieved slightly.

adrians
07-21-2011, 07:13 AM
It is obvious that if the screw will thread in without the wood present that the wood is causing the problem. The hole through the wood needs to be relieved slightly.

yer duh[smilie=b: i took me a while to think of this easy fix and i have done it on mauser front bands ( diff design but same operation) but the mausers aint threaded just pins.
anyway i did a bit of wood removal and after a little jiggling around" success".
its on there and thats where its staying.
have a great day.:evil:[smilie=w::twisted: