PDA

View Full Version : HiPoint C9 9mm question

Saint
07-19-2011, 04:01 AM
Question for any of the HiPoint C9 9mm owners out there. This gun is the biggest piece of junk I have ever shot it won't feed an entire mag without jamming no matter what. I have 3 mags and they all do the same thing, I have tried modifying the mag lips per suggestion and it has made no difference, the modded mags feed just as terribly as the unmodded mags do and I have tried every ammo brand I can get locally as well as reloads and i get the same results no matter what. I have taken the gun apart and polished the feed ramp and this made no difference either. Has anyone found any other methods to fix this. I never get FTE only FTF, I get one of two types of FTF, it will either try to feed two rounds or it will fail to fully chamber the round, when it chambers two I have to drop the mag and try again, when it doesnt fully chamber I have to lightly push the slide closed. The other question I have is regarding the barrel. I have found that the barrel will twist about 1mm left or right inside of the block it is pressed into, is this normal for this gun or should I send it in for repair since it has a lifetime warranty.

lead-1
07-19-2011, 04:33 AM
Send it in for repair, I don't think there should be any movement in the barrel at all. I have had some experience with three or four HiPoint handguns and I'm sure the barrel didn't move at all.
The ones that I shot were fairly accurate and fed and ejected just fine. While these guns are inexpensive I have found them to function just fine, I don't know about a makeing one a carry piece but certainly fun to go plink off some ammo with.

casterofboolits
07-19-2011, 07:53 AM
+1 It is defective, the barrel should not move. Send it back for repair or replacement.

I have seen this same problem in the RG series of revolvers. RG's are pure junk IMHO.

Bret4207
07-19-2011, 08:06 AM
+1 It is defective, the barrel should not move. Send it back for repair or replacement.

I have seen this same problem in the RG series of revolvers. RG's are pure junk IMHO.

HAR! I was just about to post that he'd never seen an RG!:mrgreen:

klcarroll
07-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Yup! ....Send her back for repair under the warranty!

All of my Hi-Points work well; ....And the problems you are describing are non-typical.

Kent