PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace Miss Beth

Murphy
07-18-2011, 09:35 PM
My world is saddened tonight, I lost a very dear friend lastnight to cancer. This was her 3rd battle with this hideous diease. She was best known as 'Miss Beth'.

I first met Beth and her husband 5 years ago at a gathering in Arkansas. Her husband Mike, 'AKA' Hoot, is an avid shooter. Two of the finest people one could ever hope to meet. We first met on another website for sixshooters. We have a yearly event and folks from all over the nation come. From as far as Florida, New Mexico, Michigan and Minnesota. Beth was Minnesota born and lived there. Along with that special accent that just drew you in.

Beth could light up a room with laughter and sunshine in a matter of seconds within walking into in. As soon as she said hello, you felt you'd known her all your life. One of those extremely rare people with that ability.

Beth was a shooter. Her favorite caliber & gun being a Ruger .32. I will forevermore remember that last time I saw Miss Beth. It was the last day of the gathering as my friend and I were leaving the range, a hollow tucked away deep in the Ozarks. There sat Miss Beth in a lawn chair, legs folded and a six shooter in each hand, popping away at steel targets...smiling as always.

Rest In Peace Miss Beth

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l20/Murphy_2000/Family%20and%20Friends/MrsBeth2011.jpg

Murphy

WILCO
07-18-2011, 11:43 PM
First thing I noticed was the energy in her smile when I looked at the picture.
Stay strong Murphy. Keep moving forward.

Dean D.
07-19-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss Marc. Good friends are always sorely missed. Thoughts and prayers going out to you and her family. She sounded like a swell gal who will be missed by many. :(