PDA

View Full Version : 35 Win. load

AggieEE
07-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Afternoon, I need a little help. I have a Winchester 1895 in 35 Win. I'm planning to use the RCBS 200gr RNFN cast bullet. I don't have any reloading data other than trying "THE LOAD". I have an OLD Lyman book which I suppect was printed in the 50's as they call the 458 Win a exciting new cartridge. I would like something in the 2000fps range for cast and maybe something for JB's. Besides range time I might use it for deer and feral hogs. I know it's not a magnum and I'm trying not to get magnumitist as S. Texas deer are not that big or tough. Might try paper patching also so I would like to stay with the IMR powders. I have RE7, 4895, 4064 and 4831 as well as similar burn rate in ball powder. Anybody who can help me out here's a big thank you.
AggieEE

sliphammer
07-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Go ahead and use the load data from the old Lyman book but use the "starting" load. I used 4895 for my 35 Win. loads from one of the early Lyman books. My rifle had a crescent butt and it was a punisher. I preferred my 405, with the shotgun butt, over it. 35 brass might be a bit hard to find but you can form it from several other calibers that are available.