PDA

View Full Version : Val-Scott shotgun dies

3006guns
07-16-2011, 08:20 PM
While rummaging through some old boxes of inherited reloading things, I came across what appears to be a full set of 12ga. Val-Scott shotgun dies. They look new and consist of a deprime/resize die, adjustable spring loaded wad pressure die and a crimping die. There's a 12ga. shell holder in one of the boxes that snaps right into my Rock Chucker and also a printed instruction sheet with no illustrations. I'm not sure if I can use the large priming arm on my press though.

These dies look for all the world like oversize rifle dies and I suspect they will thread into my RCBS Rock Chucker when the bushing is removed.

I did a Google search for info and came up with three hits......one on this forum....asking the same thing. When were they made and has anyone actually used them?

Edit: They DON'T fit the RCBS threads (too coarse). However after I worried the bushing out of an old Herter's cast iron wonder, they fit perfectly. Of course, now I need an adaptor for the shell holder. It never ends!

Byron13
05-13-2014, 04:07 PM
3006guns,
I have a set of these dies and am pretty sure that they are for brass shotgun cases, so far I have not used them so have no idea of the length of case they will size. I have no idea how to send you an email but mine is: byron13@reagan.com in the event you might wish to contact me, I might be interested in your dies were you to part with them.
Cheers,
Byron

AlaskanGuy
05-13-2014, 06:41 PM
I would love to have the 12g shell holder for brass shells

Tackleberry41
05-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Yea I wish you could buy the shell holders. Just to make priming easier.

Box13
05-15-2014, 11:50 AM
The last I knew CH4D had shell holders for shotshells that fit universal rams.Try them if your ram is universal...Robin