PDA

View Full Version : Just Hitched

DragoonDrake
07-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Well guys, guess what I got married a week ago. She is a wonderful woman that enjoys shooting some of the time, but thinks casting and bullet molds are crazy. Also complains that I spend too much time in the man cave. Please wish me luck and a happy marriage.

Thanks in advance,

Adam R. Smith

I had to get permission to post this by the way.

Dean D.
07-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Congratulations and a wish for a long and happy marriage! It only took me 3 tries to find "the right one". I feel blessed finally.

MBTcustom
07-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
In all things, love her and do everything you can to earn and keep her respect. (easier said than done.) I am enjoying my 5th year of marriage, so far so good! Had some cross words now and then, but so far, she hasn't thrown anything at me, and for the most part we are happy as clams!
Congratulations, enjoy every minute, and love her like there's no tomorrow!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!

runfiverun
07-16-2011, 05:47 PM
you are kidding about the getting permission part,,,,,,, right....

cutter_spc
07-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Congrads! It's a beautiful thing when it's done right, I can't imagine life with out mine. Never forget the respect part, it's earned not given, and please remember you made a promise between the two of you and the man above.

Down South
07-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Good luck and a happy marriage...... I've been married for 39 years now. One thing that I learned is that it takes a little give and take on both sides to make it work that long.

Hickory
07-16-2011, 06:09 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again;

Marriage is the collision of opposites.
That results in a fine and pleasant misery.
Enjoy the fine and pleasant and endure the misery.

Cariboo
07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
Congratulations and a wish for a long and happy marriage! Always respect her and keep the communictions between you going. \

EDK
07-16-2011, 06:10 PM
SWMBO.....She Who Must Be Obeyed...or maybe She Who Must Be Appeased.

Women are like cats. When they want to sit on your lap and be petted, you should pet them and enjoy. When they don't, let them go their own way and go yours without antagonizing them....this too will change from moment to moment.

I'm looking at 63 this fall and I still really ain't figured them out.

Congratulations

Doc Highwall
07-16-2011, 06:20 PM
Buy her a 22rf to shoot and nothing bigger. Then take her shooting at plastic bottles and cans that are reactive, and after she finds out how fun it is let her ask about shooting something bigger.

mroliver77
07-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Better you than me! Good luck anyway! ;)
Jay

Houndog
07-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Me and the Mrs will be married 40 years next Febuary 1, and the one thing I can tell you is that when you THINK you got her all figured out you're in for a HUGE awakening! Treat her with the upmost respect, NEVER abuse her and treat her like a lady. Make sure you get the same in return and you and the Mrs. will be set for the LOOONG haul.

BTW: Whats all this being in the "man cave"? You've been married a week! Ain't there something else that needs more urgent tending to? Enjoy!!!!!

Rick N Bama
07-16-2011, 09:05 PM
Coming up on 44 years here on Sept 3......I think:)

Rick

blackthorn
07-16-2011, 09:40 PM
Second time around for me--BUT--I got it right this time!!! We've been together since 1992 and married in 1996 (September). Our wish for you is to be as happy as we are! Respect each other's space and think before you speak.

Every morning ask yourself "what can I do today to make her happy?" (Dr. Phil)

geargnasher
07-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Well, congratulations are in order! Pics?

The best advice I ever got about marriage was that each person must give 60% of the total effort. That means that it ISN'T 50/50. Each person will feel that they are giving a little more than the other at times, the key is to accept that and not resent it. The second-best advice I ever got was from a certain Scottish radio minister who said "Don't expect to reap the benefits of marriage without some solid, hard work".

I got really, really lucky, Mrs. Geargnasher comes with instructions. She's the only woman I've ever known that will flat tell me what I'm doing wrong, or not doing, or what she needs/expects from me, before it's an issue. No games. I'm really blessed. I sincerely wish you two the best!

Gear

DragoonDrake
07-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Yes R5R I am joking. She told me to post on the forum.

fatnhappy
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
Well guys, guess what I got married a week ago.
I had to get permission to post this by the way.

I'll pray for you.
:rolleyes:

My wife and I wish you all the best. ( she told me to write that)

runfiverun
07-17-2011, 01:07 PM
dude: i had to ask, iv'e known many that would have actually had to ask.
they didn't last too long....
congrats.

DragoonDrake
07-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Its ok R5R. I thought it was funny.

Doc, she owns her own ruger MKIII, a magnum research 17/22, and a Mossberg 500 with a rifled and smooth barrel. She loves to shoot but gets tired quickly. She loves to hike and catch fish with me too :). She just doesn't like much waiting for the fish to bite. We bike together and mostly love doing the same things. I had many issues trying to get my garden in this year, nothing has worked out right and she has said I am a bear to deal with this year because I lack a garden. I had to go buy a new rototiller and she encouraged me to get what I really wanted.

I mean no offense to any one when I say this but, I AM THE LUCKIEST MAN ON THIS PLANET. And I can thank God for it.

Southern Son
07-18-2011, 02:36 AM
I have been with my girl for about 15 years. My mates tell me that they can hardy see the mark her thumb leaves on my forehead, so she must be a good one.

Congratulations. Wishing you all the best.

DragoonDrake
07-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Thank you all for your well wishes. Pics will come later.

cajun shooter
07-18-2011, 10:09 AM
I wish you and your new bride the very best in your new life together. I have tried more than once and will pass these two words of wisdom on to you. If you practice very hard on saying them you may have a 50th wedding anniversary to celebrate. What ever she tells you, you take her hand into yours and with all the love in the world you say "YES DEAR"

bruce drake
07-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Been married for 17 years now. A "Yes Dear" will keep you out of trouble most of the time but there is a balance when I get my own way as well. I guess I'm advising that there is a give and take in the relationship. The key I've found is that as long remember that the road isn't all your way, the marriage will be a happy one.

Bruce

foxtrotter
07-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I have been married for 50+ years and wish I had found this book earlier; it sure would have made some things easier!
"Love and Respect" by Dr. Emerson Eggerich.
Best wishes,